- Offer Deadline
- EU Research Framework Programme
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Organisation / Company
- IBIMA D-04 Allergic Diseases to Drugs and Allergens
- Is the Hosting related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Organisation / Company Type
- Public Research Institution
- Postal Code
- Severo Ochoa, 35
We are looking for candidates to apply to IBIMA’s research positions, funded by La Caixa “Incoming Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships” call 2023 (https://fundacionlacaixa.org/en/inphinit-doctoral-fellowships-incoming). Clicking on this link you will find the call’s guidelines (including application rules and conditions).
- Hosting institution: IBIMA- Plataforma BIONAND, Málaga (Spain)
- Leader: Prof. Maria Jose Torres Jaen
- Study area: Allergy
- Title: Diagnostic optimization for drug allergy: from standardization and streamlining of in vivo tests, to development of innovative in vitro tests based on biotechnology and metabolomic tool.
- Duration: 3 years
- Grant amount: Up to 125.400 € + training
Activity and Training: These studies will be based on the analysis of different activation markers that have shown to be important for different drugs and clinical symptoms. For this, they will determine the sensitivity and specificity obtained with the individual markers and with the combination of them, as well as the increase of the basophil/mast cell reactivity when including different ligands from the innate immunity. The candidate will also carry out different cellular tests such as BAT or MAT at different conditions, and the response will be analysed by flow cytometry. The candidate will culture isolated basophils/mast cells with different drugs to analyse mediators release using transmission electron microscopy.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Hold a higher education degree that makes them eligible to enrol in a doctoral programme.
- Have resided in Spain for less than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- Demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
Desired candidate profile:
- Student in Life Sciences or Biomedicine
- Required education level 1: Biology, Biochemistry, Medicine, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics
- Required experience:
- Main research field: Immunology, Molecular and/or Cellular Biology and/or Omics Sciences
- Sub-research field: Human Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Genomics and Proteomics, Biochemistry, Basic Neuroscience
- Techniques/skills (not essential): Immunology knowledge, technical aspects flow cytometry, skills to collaborate with clinicians and basic researchers…
Should you be interested in applying to this offer, do not hesitate to contact IBIMA’s International Projects Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will be happy to help.