OFFER DEADLINE18/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMENot funded by an EU programme
ORGANISATION/COMPANYMaimonides Biomedical Research Institute of Cordoba - IMIBIC
LABORATORYOncObesity and Metabolism
PhD Fellowship candidate (2020 FPI Call)
OncObesity and Metabolism Group
University of Córdoba / Maimonides Biomedical Research Institute of Córdoba (IMIBIC),
A 4-year PhD Fellowship position is available to join the OncObesity and Metabolism group,a basic-clinical multidisciplinary group led by Dr. Raúl M. Luque (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=Luque+RM)at the University of Córdoba/Maimonides Biomedical Research Institute of Cordoba (IMIBIC). The student will participate in a project entitled “Pathophysiologic interplay between obesity and the prostate gland: Influence of adipose tissue on the machineries controlling gene expression and genomic stability (CROSS-PRO-FAT; PID2019-105564RB-I00), which is aimed to explore specific endocrine, metabolic, and inflammatory factors directly involved in the pathophysiology of prostate cancer and other prostate gland-related disorders. The research project will particularly focus on factors secreted by the surrounding periprostatic adipose tissue, and in analyzing the cellular and molecular mechanisms that control gene expression and genomic stability, including alternative splicing, NMD, RNA-exosome, telomerase and shelterin complexes. The ultimate goal is to improve our knowledge on the main causes associated to the pathophysiologic interplay between obesity and prostate gland disorders (especially prostate cancer), and, ideally, would help to develop new diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic tools to combat these pathologies. We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, determinant, and highly motivated person with strong interest in the field of metabolism and cancer.
Candidates Requirements / Valued merits:
• Graduate in Biomedical/Life Sciences and related areas (Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedicine, Pharmacy, Medicine or similar)
• Master’s Degree (mandatory by the FPI 2020 call resolution).
• An academic record above 7.0 (scale 0-10) is desirable.
• Experience in experimental cell and molecular biology techniques in the metabolism and/or cancer fields will be valued.
• Previous experience in the use of animal models (officially qualified for working with research animals, categories a- b- c), and related research techniques will be an asset.
• Experience in the application of innovative biocomputational approaches and bioinformatic tools are also a valuable asset.
• Solid communication skills in English.
• International experience, scientific contributions or awards will be valued.
We highly value motivation, creativity, imagination and abilities for teamwork and cooperation.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, CV, academic grades, and when possible 2 letters of reference from current/previous supervisors to Raúl M. Luque (firstname.lastname@example.org) BEFORE the 18th OCTOBER 2020, indicating “CROSS-PRO-FAT FPI PhD” in the email subject.
The selected candidates must apply to the 2020 FPI call (deadline 27th October 2020; https://sede.micinn.gob.es/ayudaspredoctorales/).
UCO/IMIBIC offers good conditions and an excellent research environment and facilities.
For more information see:
- About the group: https://www.imibic.org/grupo/52
Dr. Raúl M. Luque
Instituto Maimónides de Investigación Biomédica de Córdoba (IMIBIC)
Avda. Menéndez Pidal s/n 14004-Córdoba
Tfno: 957 213740
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.