OFFER DEADLINE01/06/2020 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat de Girona
DEPARTMENTInstitute of Aquatic Ecology (IEA)
Brief description of the Institution
The University of Girona (UdG) is located in Girona city and is part of the Catalan public university system since 1992. The UdG, deeply rooted in Catalonia and the Catalan culture, is one of the primary economic and cultural motors of the region. At the same time, it pursues a vocation of universality and openness to all traditions and cultures.
UdG is a public institution devoted to excellence in teaching and research and to participating in the progress and development of society through the creation, transmission, dissemination and criticism of knowledge related to the sciences, technology, the humanities, the social sciences and the arts in the last 10 years, the UdG has participated into more than 160 European Projects, including 6 ERC projects.
Brief description of the Centre/Research Group
UdG is the 4th Spanish university according to U.S. News & World Report 2019 in the field of environment and ecology, based on its reputation and research. The Research Group on Ecology of Inland Waters (GRECO) is one of the research groups of the Institute of Aquatic Ecology (UdG), created more than 30 years ago. GRECO is a large and interdisciplinary group with extensive experience in student and postdoctoral mentorship and numerous limnological research lines (particularly in Ecology and conservation of freshwater fish, Limnology of Mediterranean lagoons and wetlands, and River ecology). Currently, GRECO consists of 9 senior researchers, 4 postdocs, 9 PhD students, 4 technicians, 1 knowledge transfer manager and over 30 external collaborators. During the last five years (2014-2018), it has published 202 SCI articles and supervised 15 defended Ph.D theses and numerous postdocs and students. It also has an increasing transference of knowledge to industry and citizenship. See https://www.udg.edu/GRECO for further details.
Main research lines of interest
We are particularly interested in hosting candidates related to:
- Physiological phenotypic plasticity of freshwater fishes in the context of climate change
- Metacommunity dynamics as a tool to pond conservation and management
- The influence of environmental factors (hydrological, physical, chemical and biological) and their variability on the ecological functioning of inland waters
- Ecology of freshwater fish and invasion biology
- Environmental Sciences and Geology (ENV)
At the deadline for the submission of the proposals (09/09/2020), the candidate should have:
- Shall be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience
- Must comply with the Mobility rule – different, depending on the chosen MSCA type (please see eligibility rules)
- Good publication record on ecology or environmental science in international journals
How to apply
Expressions of interest should be sent to Prof. Dr. Emili García-Berthou (email@example.com) no later than 01 June 2020. Candidates please submit:
- Letter of interest
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.