- Research Field
- Formal sciences
- Funding Type
- Career Stage
- Recognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)Established Researcher (R3) (Researchers who have developed a level of independence)
- European Research Programme
- H2020 / ERC
Applications are invited for a postodoctoral position in random geometry at the Institut de Mathématiques d'Orsay (IMO) beginning September 2019 (dates are flexible). This postdoctoral position is funded by the ERC project GeoBrown (principal investigator: J.-F. Le Gall, senior researcher: Nicolas Curien). This project studies various aspects of random geometry. It focusses in particular on
- discrete and continuous models of planar random geometry
- random walks and stochastic processes on random graphs
- statistical physics models in random geometry
Applicants shoud send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject [Postdoc GeoBrown] before January 15, 2019. This e-mail should include a CV (with a list of publications) and a short description of the research.
What is funded
The postdoc will receive a salary of 2100 Euros per month (or more according to the past experience of the postdoc). Participation to conferences and short visits in other institutions abroad may also be funded by the project.
The applicant should have a recent PhD in probability theory, and his/her research should be related to the area of the project.
- Organisation name
- UNIVERSITE PARIS-SUD
- Organisation Country
- More Information
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.