ORGANISATION NAMEJapan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
FUNDING TYPEMobility Outgoing
DEADLINE DESCRIPTION19 May in 2017
RESEARCH FIELDFormal sciencesHumanitiesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciencesSocial sciences
CAREER STAGEFirst Stage Researcher (R1) (Up to the point of PhD)
This program gives doctoral students an opportunity to go overseas to engage in joint research in a challenging new research environment, with researchers in other countries over a period of three months to one year. In this way, the program contributes to the fostering of young researchers who possess abundant international experience and can be expected to play leading roles in the wider scientific arena.
What is funded
Approximately 140 awardees.
(1) Roundtrip international airfare to the chosen country of destination (excluding domestic travel within Japan)
(2) Maintenance allowance: From 1 million JPY to 1.4 million JPY per award (the level differs according to the country where the applicant will be based)
(3) Bench fees (Up to 200,000 JPY)
Three months to one year from the date of departure
(1) As of 1 April of the year of selection, be enrolled in a doctoral program at a Japanese university.
(2) At the time of both application and selection, be a citizen of Japan or have permanent residency status in Japan.
(3) Have not already experienced a continuous 90-day stay overseas. Simultaneous applications may not be made for this program or to a researcher exchange program under JSPS MoUs with Switzerland or India.