ORGANISATION NAMEUniversity of Bergen
FUNDING TYPEFundingMobility IncomingMobility Outgoing
RESEARCH FIELDFormal sciencesHumanitiesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciencesSocial sciences
CAREER STAGERecognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)Established Researcher (R3) (Researchers who have developed a level of independence)
Are you ready to take the next step in your research career? The University of Bergen, Norway is looking to host talented and ambitious postdocs as MSCA Individual Fellows (IF) in 2018 and beyond. UiB has a high international profile, and hosts several national Centres of Excellence and European Infrastructure nodes. It is currently the most science cited university in Norway.
How can a MSCA IF at UiB enhance your research career?
With a tradition on cutting-edge, curiosity driven research, excellent infrastructure and academic autonomy, UiB provides a structured and supportive environment to advance your research career.
MSCA Individual Fellowship is designed to help young researchers launch successful academic careers. With an MSCA fellowship at UiB, you will develop research experience and autonomy, hone your professional skills and grow your international profile and network. You will also live in a charming, vibrant and international city and benefit from the advantageous working conditions enjoyed in Norway.
MSCA Masterclass at UiB – May 2018
The University of Bergen seeks to recruit talented, experienced researchers at the postdoc level looking to enhance their career development and prospects through the MSCA Individual Fellowship program (Call MSCA-IF-2018).
We are therefore inviting prospective candidates to UiB from 2nd to 4th May 2018. Here we will offer a complete training package for MSCA-IF applicants that envisage UiB as their host institution, free of charge. This includes:
- An on-site intensive training course on “How to Write a Successful application to the MSCA program”
- A guided visit to Bergen and the University of Bergen
- Support in the application process by experienced advisors
- A face-to-face meeting with the prospective supervisor
Why work the University of Bergen
The University of Bergen offers
- An excellent research environment with dedicated top researchers
- An excellent assemblage of state-of-the-art research infrastructures
- An attractive remuneration package including top-up funding to ensure Norwegian standard salary for postdocs (> the EC contribution).
- Free courses in transferable skills
- Free language courses for fellows and their families
- Free assistance from the Bergen Technology Transfer office (BTO)
- Flexible working time
- Help with settling and social activities via UiB´s International Centre
- Attractive welfare schemes
Norway provides attractive conditions for families like free school for children from 6 years and above (in State or Communal schools) and facilitation of social integration of foreigners from early childhood on.
Who should apply?
We are looking for ambitious, creative and scientifically curious early career researchers who meet the eligibility criteria. You must have a strong track record commensurate to your experience; a clear idea of what you will achieve during your fellowship and how you will succeed; and a reflexive understanding of your development needs.
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter outlining your eligibility and motivation for applying (max 1 side A4)
- Short summary of the proposed project (max 1 page)
- CV (max 2 pages plus a list of publications and full contact details)
Application deadline: 2nd February 2018 UiB will notify selected candidates by mid-February 2018 For more information please contact: BergenMSCA@uib.no