ORGANISATION NAMEEindhoven University of Technology (TUe)
FUNDING TYPEMobility Incoming
RESEARCH FIELDFormal sciencesHumanitiesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciencesSocial sciences
CAREER STAGERecognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)Established Researcher (R3) (Researchers who have developed a level of independence)
The EuroTech Universities Alliance (https://eurotech-universities.eu/) is a strategic partnership of leading European universities of science & technology committed to excellence in research and jointly developing solutions to the grand challenges of society. The members are: Technical University of Denmark (DTU), École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), École Polytechnique (L'X), Technion Israel Institute of Technology (Technion), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Technical University of Munich (TUM). By promoting in-depth collaboration across research and education, as well as nurturing innovation and entrepreneurship, the Alliance combines the complementary strengths of its partner universities to jointly achieve multi-scale initiatives of high impact on society and industry. The Alliance also openly engages with all societal actors to raise awareness on the opportunities offered by science and technology.
The main characteristics of EuroTechPostdoc2 are:
- EuroTechPostdoc2 is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship programme.
- Potential fellows have to submit their own research proposal including a Host Supervisor and a Co-host Supervisor from two different EuroTech universities.
- Four universities can act as Host Institution:
- Technical University of Denmark (DTU),
- L’École Polytechnique à Paris (l’X),
- Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- Technical University of Munich (TUM)
- All six universities within the EuroTech Universities Alliance can act as Co-host Institution:
- The four above, but also
- École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- Technion Israel Institute of Technology (Technion)
- The four above, but also
- Four universities can act as Host Institution:
- Eligibility criteria apply (see below)
- The project should be a collaborative project between the two EuroTech universities involved. The best way to collaborate can be decided between the fellow and the supervisors involved. However, secondments or several shorter research visits are encouraged.
- The programme is open to all research topics within the alliance. Fellows may freely choose a research topic and the appropriate organisations to host them, fitting their individual needs and ambitions. There are no focus areas defined nor used in the evaluation.
- We offer 70 fellowships of 24-months each, distributed over 2 calls of 35 positions each, divided over the universities as follows: DTU, TU/e and TUM: each 20 positions; L’X: 10 positions.
- The first call has closed, and the evaluation is finished.
- The second call will open November 30, 2021, with a deadline on February 24, 2022.
- Fellowships must start before February 1, 2023.
- During the programme, we will be offering extensive training opportunities within the so-called EuroTech Postdoc Academy.
What is funded
The fellowship consists of a monthly salary for the postdoctoral researcher based on the salary scale of the Host Institution and is granted for a period of twenty-four (24) months, and a dedicated Career development and research budget (up to €8,000) and Collaboration and travel budget (up to €6,000) related to the project.
The monthly salary is among others dependent on the Host Institution. Below, we therefore mention the minimum gross salary per institution. The actual salary will be based on the experience and qualifications of each admitted postdoctoral researcher.
- DTU: The minimum gross salary for DTU fellows is 40,543 DKK, including a pension contribution of 17,1% (based on the collective agreements (AC overenskomst)).
- L’X: The minimum gross salary for l’X fellows is 3,080 EUR.
- TU/e: The minimum gross salary for TU/e fellows is 3,353 EUR (Salary scale 10.4, in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.) Additionally, fellows receive an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- TUM: The minimum gross salary for TUM fellows is 4,074.30 EUR (Payment Group TV-L E13 level 1, on the basis of the collective agreement for the public service of the federal state of Bavaria).
The Career development and research budget is a fixed amount of up to €8000 per fellowship. This amount is intended to cover the costs associated with the fellow’s project as outlined in the Research Plan of the proposal, including, but not limited to:
- the cost of attending the 2 compulsory Bootcamps (1 week each) at one of the EuroTech partner universities
- the potential costs of open access publication (which is compulsory in projects receiving EU funding, maximum embargo of 6 months (12 months for social sciences and humanities) after publication)
- attending career development and training courses
- attending conferences & meetings
- outreach and communication activities
If sufficient, this amount could also help to cover the cost of the research (e.g. consumables, small equipment, access to databases etc), as appropriate.
The Collaboration and travel budget is a fixed amount of up to €6000 per fellowship, to cover the expenses related to the collaboration with the Co-Host Supervisor described in the proposal (including travel and accommodation expenses during secondments and/or visits to the Co-Host Institution). If sufficient, this amount can also be used for other collaborative travels directly related to the research project.
Additional Career development and research costs, and additional Collaboration and travel cost necessary to conduct the fellow’s project as outlined in the Research Plan of the proposal is covered by the Host Department or Host Group and has to be negotiated individually.
Each fellowship is granted for a period of twenty-four (24) months. Prolongation within the EuroTechPostdoc2 Programme is not possible.
To be considered eligible, applicants must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be Experienced Researchers, namely they must, on the call deadline (February 24, 2022), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- MSCA Mobility Rule: Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the Host Institution for more than twelve (12) months in the three (3) years immediately before the call deadline (February 25, 2019 – February 24, 2022). Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. Exceptions related to Covid-19 can be considered, based on a case-by-case analysis.
- Applicants must be able to carry out full time research during the fellowship period (parental leave, sick leave, military leave and care leave are accepted).
- Research direction should follow the H2020 Ethics rules.
How to apply
Applications need to be done via an online the application portal. The application portal will open on November 30 2021. A link will be provided on http://eurotech-postdoc2.eu/.
Further information and contact
Please visit the EuroTechPostdoc2 website http://eurotech-postdoc2.eu/ for further information.
Furthermore, the EuroTechPostdoc2 Programme Management Office will host Q&A sessions on December 2 (15:30-17:00 CET) and December 7 (9:30-11:00 CET). Registration is possible via the following link (https://www.eventbrite.nl/e/question-and-answer-sessions-eurotechpostdoc...).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No. 899987.
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.