- Research Field
- Formal sciences
A tender is hereby opened for the award of 1 StartingResearch Grant(s) (SRG)in the scope of the thematic line Inverse Problems in Health Science of the Center for Research and Development in Mathematics and Applications (CIDMA), ref. UIDP/04106/2020,under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Mathematics and related areas
2. Funding Source: Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P./MCTES, through national funds (PIDDAC)
3. Admission Requirements
Students enrolled in an undergraduate in Mathematics or related field with a relevant formation in Mathematics, to obtain initial scientific training integrated into research projects. Preference is given to candidates who have good knowledge of Analysis, Linear Algebra, and programming. The following skills are valued: capacity for initiative, critical thinking, and autonomy.
The proof of enrolment must be made available until the contract is awarded, and the candidate may attach a declaration of honour to confirm that they meet the requirements for enrolment in an undergraduate degree.
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph a) of no.1 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, as well as nos. 1 (and 2) of article 5 and article 9 of the Research Grant Regulations of the Foundation for Science and Technology. (The SRG(s) cannot be awarded to those who have already benefited from research grants directly or indirectly funded by FCT, awarded under the terms of the Research Fellow Statute and of no. 5 of article 5 of the aforementioned Regulation.
5.Work plan: It is intended that the scholarship holder study problems involving advection-diffusion and develop some applications.
6. Applicable legislation and regulations: Statute of Scientific Research Grant Holder, as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th; Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (FCT, I.P. Research Grants Regulation); Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime for recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Workplace: The work will be carried out at the Center for Research and Development in Mathematics and Applications of the University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Professor M. Manuela Rodrigues.
8. Duration of the grant(s): The grant duration will be 3 months, starting in 01 of May of 2023, with no possibility of renewal and on an exclusive basis.
9. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant corresponds to €541.12, according to the table of monthly maintenance allowance amounts set out in Annex I of Regulation no. 950/2019, subject to any updates that may be applicable, under the terms of no. 2 of article 18 of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.). The fellow may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan.
10. Selection methods: The selection methods to be used will be the following: Curriculum Vitae relevant for the application (70%) and interview (30%). The interview will take place on a date to be defined by the jury and may be in person or virtual, with candidates being contacted for this purpose. The Selection Jury reserves the right not to admit any candidate from among those who present themselves in the competition in case the desired requirements are not met (total final classification greater than 50%).
11. Composition of the Selection Jury:
Chair of the Selection: Professor M. Manuela Rodrigues, Center for Research and Development in Mathematics and Applications - CIDMA.
1st permanent member: Professor Uwe Kähler, Center for Research and Development in Mathematics and Applications - CIDMA.
2nd permanent member: Professor Ana Breda, Center for Research and Development in Mathematics and Applications - CIDMA.
1st alternate member: Doctor Nelson Vieira, Auxiliar Researcher of the Center for Research and Development in Mathematics and Applications - CIDMA.
2nd alternate member: Professor Paula Cerejeiras, Center for Research and Development in Mathematics and Applications - CIDMA.
12. Deadline for applications and how to submit applications: The call is open from 24 of March to 06 of April of 2023, and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted.
Applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org@ua.pt , with cc. to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, and with subject “ BI_LtPICS-2023C ”. Applications must be accompanied by the following elements:
Curriculum Vitae and Motivation Letter.
Proof of application for a Degree in Mathematics (or related field), or a declaration of honour that you meet the requirements for application to a Degree in Mathematics (or related field).
Copy of Certificates of Qualifications.
Copy of document with a breakdown of the grades obtained in each of the curricular units attended.
All documents considered relevant to complement the application.
Full name, address, telephone, and email contacts, indicating that you agree to be notified by email for all purposes within the scope of this procedure.
13. Form of publication/notification of results: The results of the evaluation will be published through an ordered list by final mark obtained posted on the University's website, within 90 working days after the final date of submission of the application, and the successful candidate will be notified by email. For the purposes of prior hearing of interested parties, the deadline of 10 working days is set, as provided for in the Code of Administrative Procedure. At the end of the period for hearing the interested parties, and in the absence of any response from them, the list of candidates will become final. Candidates may lodge a complaint against the final decision within 15 working days, or appeal to the maximum executive body of the funding entity within 30 working days after notification of the final decision, in accordance with the provisions of article 12 of the Research Grants Regulation of the Foundation for Science and Technology.
14. Tender duration: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until 01 of May for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
The models of the grant contract and of the final report to be prepared by the grant holder and the supervisor are available at Research fellows - sgrh - Universidade de Aveiro (ua.pt).
More information available at https://cidma.ua.pt/calls
- Organisation name
- Organisation Country
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.