ORGANISATION NAMENHR-Verein e.V.
RESEARCH FIELDNatural sciences
CAREER STAGEFirst Stage Researcher (R1) (Up to the point of PhD)
The Alliance for National High Performance Computing (NHR Verein e.V.) is a consolidation of nine level 2 or Tier 2 university High-Performance Computing Centers.
The NHR Graduate School of the NHR Alliance offers nine PhD scholarships for a funding period of up to three years to national and international applicants. Start of the funding is April 1, 2023. Applications can be submitted from July 1, 2022 through September 15, 2022.
We are looking for applicants with a Master´s degree in computer science, mathematics, natural sciences or engineering with a passion for High Performance Computing. You will work on your PhD-project in one of our nine NHR centers, which are located throughout Germany. An overview about our current offered topics can be found here https://www.nhr-verein.de/sites/default/files/users/user3/Research%20Fie...
Who can apply?
The NHR Alliance stands for equal opportunities. For this reason, we encourage applicants of all genders and all backgrounds to apply for a PhD scholarship at NHR. Requirements for applicants include:
- Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, the natural or engineering sciences or an equivalent degree
- Fulfillment of additional admission requirements for doctoral studies at the chosen NHR center
- Details can be found on our website: https://www.nhr-verein.de/en/application
Funding and benefits
- Funding will be for a period of up to three years (start of funding is April 1, 2023)
- Scholarship holders receive 2200 euros per month (no insurances included)
- The NHR Alliance guarantees a suitable research environment for all PhD students of the NHR Graduate School
- The NHR Graduate School program also includes a summer school, soft skill trainings, optional mentoring and a secondment at an NHR center
Learn more about NHR and our Graduate School on our website: www.nhr-verein.de/en
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.