RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/12/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK36
INESC-ID Public Notice CTTRI PT Smart Retail
Public notice for 1 (one) uncertain-term work contract
PT Smart Retail: Portugal como referência para a nova geração de retalho autónomo e inteligente
Candidature C645440011-00000062 funded by the Recovery and Resilience Plan (RRP)
1. At the meeting held at November 15 of 2022, the Executive Board of INESC-ID – Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores INESC-ID made the decision to open an international selection call for one doctorate position in the scope of the project PT Smart Retail: Portugal como referência para a nova geração de retalho autónomo e inteligente Candidature C645440011-00000062 funded by the Recovery and Resilience Plan (RRP), in the form of an employment contract under an uncertain-term work contract – in the framework of the bellow mentioned legislation and being the basis of the contracting, the performance of a specific service, precisely defined and non-durable, with a view to perform the following functions:
- Research and development on enclave-based distributed systems for smart-retail stores and cabinets.
- Research and development on software systems for data-lineage tracing and GDPR compliance.
- Research and development on scalable and resource-efficient middleware for secure communication in smart-retail sensor networks.
- Dissemination of results, management of project tasks, writing of scientific papers, collaboration on the scientific supervision of students, and coordination of project meetings.
- Management of IT infrastructure for software development and testing.
- Coordination of the test cases for the project.
The expiration of the contract will operate with the communication referred to in article 345 (1) of the Código do Trabalho (Labor Code), meaning that the employer shall notify the termination of the contract to the employee, at least 7, 30 or 60 days in advance, according to whether the contract lasted up to six months, six months to two years, or per longer period.
2. Applicable law
Decree-Law 57/2016, of August 29 and complementary legislation, in its current wording
Law No. 7/2009 (labor code), of February 12, in its current wording.
Recovery and Resilience Plan (RRP)
3. In compliance with article 13 of RJEC, the jury of the call is composed as follows:
Nuno Miguel Carvalho Santos
INESC ID | Tecnico
Luis Manuel Antunes Veiga
INESC ID | Tecnico
João Coelho Garcia
INESC ID | Tecnico
João Nuno de Oliveira e Silva
INESC ID | Tecnico
Miguel Nuno Dias Alves Pupo Correia
INESC ID | Tecnico
4. The workplace shall be at INESC ID Headquarters Rua Alves Redol, 9, 1000-029 Lisboa or at any other facilities namely in INESC-ID Energia IST - Departamento de Engenharia Eletrotécnica e de Computadores, Área de Energia, Av. Rovisco Pais 1049-001 Lisboa or in INESC-ID - Taguspark Avenida Professor Cavaco Silva, Edifício IST 2744-016 Porto Salvo, in accordance with the requirements and needs of research projects.
5. In compliance with Portaria nº 1553-c/2008 of 31 of December 2008 the monthly remuneration corresponds to level 49 of the single remuneration table (TRU) in force, which corresponds to a monthly remuneration of 2 987.72€, subject to the legally applicable discounts, working in an exclusive dedication basis, and a meal allowance per work day of 4.77€ (Four euros and seventy-seven cents)
6. Any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) holding a doctorate degree and relevant experience in Operating Systems and Architectures / Distributed Systems / Dependable Systems may apply.
In case of doctorate degrees awarded by a foreign higher education institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 66/2018 of 16th of August, (https://www.dges.gov.pt/en/pagina/degree-and-diploma-recognition) and all formalities established therein must be fulfilled, by the selected candidate, until the date of signature of the contract.
7. General call admission requirements, include those specified in the previous point and that, from the candidate's curriculum vitae, one may validate the compliance with productivity criteria such as:
- Publications in scientific journals, with emphasis on Q1 and Q2 journals of ISI/Scopus/Scimago.
- Publications in international conferences, with emphasis on A* and A conferences of CORE.
- Publications in international workshops.
- Supervision of MSc and PhD students.
- Participation in national and international research projects.
- Participation in program committees of international conferences and workshops.
- Development of technology prototypes, with emphasis on development in C/C++, Python, and Java, in the context of dependable and distributed applications and data processing.
- Experience in systems administration.
The applicants must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as an advanced level of proficiency in English and Portuguese, as well as being enthusiastic, proactive, collaborative and able to work individually and as a team, and with various levels of internal organization.
8. The evaluation of the scientific and curricular path focuses on relevance, quality and timeliness in the scientific area of the call:
- of the scientific, technological production during the last five years and considered more relevant by the candidate; [30 %]
- of the applied or practice-based research activities developed over the last five years and considered as having the greatest impact by the candidate; [30 %]
- of the activities of extension and dissemination of knowledge developed during the last five years, in particular in the context of promoting the culture and scientific practices considered by the candidate to be of greater relevance; [20 %]
- of the activities of science, technology and innovation programs management, in Portugal or abroad. [20 %]
9. The period of five years referred to in the previous point may be increased by the jury, at the request of the candidate, when justified on grounds of suspension of scientific activity for socially protected reasons, namely for reasons of parental leave, prolonged serious illness, and other situations of unavailability for work legally protected.
10. The evaluation of the scientific and curricular career has two components, namely:
- The assessment of the curriculum vitae and other documentation presented is made in according to point 8 of this notice. This component of the evaluation is expressed in a scale of 0 to 100.
- The Jury may interview the first three candidates with higher classification in person or by video conference.
If an interview is conducted, the punctuation proposed by each member of the jury is obtained by assigning a weighting factor of 90% to the curriculum vitae and other documentation presented, and a weighting factor of 10% to the interview.
11. Each member of the jury assigns a classification to each of the candidates on a scale of 0 to 100 points, ranking the candidates according to their classification consisting on the sum of the partial classifications assigned in each evaluation criterion, and considering the weighting factor given to each parameter. In this process abstentions are not allowed.
12. Candidates shall be ordered by applying the successive voting method.
13. The jury has the faculty not to select a candidate in case the requirements mentioned in points 6 and 7 are not fulfilled. Candidates with an average score below 70, are not recommended for hiring
14. Minutes of the jury meeting are drawn up, which contain a summary of what has taken place in the meeting, as well as the votes cast by each of the members and their reasons, being available to the candidates whenever requested.
15. The final deliberation of the jury is approved by the President of INESC-ID, and it is his responsibility to establish the respective contract.
16. Formalisation of applications
16.1 Applications are made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the documents stated in 16.2 and 16.3.
16.2 Applications are formalised by sending a Motivation Letter, addressed to the Board of INESC ID, including this announcement identification, full name, parents’ names, ID card / passport number and expiration date, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including email address and telephone.
16.3 Applications shall include all supported documents encompassed by point 6 and 7 for call admission, namely:
- Copy of certificate or diploma;
- Detailed curriculum vitae, structured in accordance with the items in point 8.
* The administrative verification of the recognition of doctoral degrees obtained abroad will be fulfilled for the purpose of contracting, in case of approval of the candidatures.
17. This call is open from November 18 to December 2 of 2022.
18. Candidates who formalize their application incorrectly or who do not prove the requirements required in this notice are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the jury may demand any candidate to present documents proving those statements.
19. The false statements made by the candidates will be punished according to the law.
20. The admitted and excluded candidates’ applicants will be notified by email of the final ranking list.
21. Prior Hearing and Deadline for Final Decision: After being notified, candidates have 10 working days to submit a formal rebuttal. Within the term of 30 days, counted from the deadline for the presentation of the candidacies, the final decisions of the jury are given.
22. This call is exclusively intended to fill the vacancy (s) indicated and may be terminated until the homologation of the final ranking list of candidates and expiring with the respective occupation of the working position on offer.
23. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: INESC-ID actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, benefited, disadvantaged or deprived of any right or exemption from any duty owing, in particular, to ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, economic situation, education, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability , chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological beliefs and trade union membership.
24. Under the terms of D.L. No. 29/2001, of February 3, a disabled candidate has a preference when in equal classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare on the application form their respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of communication / expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the aforementioned diploma.
25. The selection panel approved this announcement on November 10 of 2022.
EURAXESS offer ID: 865600
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.