- ISTITUTO ITALIANO DI TECNOLOGIA
- Computational mOdelling of NanosCalE and bioPhysical sysTems
- Research Field
- Computer science
- Researcher Profile
- First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- European Union / Next Generation EU
- Reference Number
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Project: Finanziato dall’Unione Europea – NexGeneration EU, nell’ambito del Piano Nazionale di Ripresa e Resilienza, Missione 4 Componente 2 – Investimento 1.5 – ““RAISE (Robotics and AI for Socio-economic Empowerment”, CUP J33C22001220001)
Commitment & contract: collaboration contract – up to 3 years
Location: Genova – CHT – Via E. Melen 83
WHO WE ARE
At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society. Our Genoa headquarter is strictly inter-connected with our 11 centers around Italy and two outer-stations based in the US for a truly interdisciplinary experience.
You will be working in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary group, where computational scientists in the fields ranging from physics, to chemistry, to engineering collaborate, each with their own expertise, to carry out common research.
The position is shared between the “Computational mOdelling of NanosCalE and bioPhysical sysTems – (CONCEPT)” Research Line coordinated by Dr. Walter Rocchia and the group led by Dr. Sergio Decherchi.
The research focuses on algorithmic development and especially High-Performance refactoring of key microkernels of scientific codes in various fields of molecular modeling and simulation of systems at the nanoscale, with relevant applications to health and material sciences.
Within the team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Identify new/more efficient parallelization strategies for given key target micro-kernels.
- Develop micro-kernels with different languages and parallelization frameworks (e.g. CUDA vs Sycl vs Pytorch) and study performance and performance portability.
- Testing and benchmarking on various computing architectures including but not limited to x86 and non-x86 ones.
This open position is financed by the PNRR funding within the Future HPC spoke project.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU SHINE
- A PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, and similar disciplines
- Documented experience on the development of HPC codes, algorithm implementation, C, C++, CUDA, OpenCL, OpenACC
- A strong publication record
- The ability to properly report, organize and publish research data
- Documented experience in coaching junior scientists
- Good command in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of Pytorch, JAX, Tensorflow
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving attitude
- High motivation to learn
- Spirit of innovation and creativity
- Good in time and priority management
- Ability to work in a challenging and international environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a highly interdisciplinary environment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary package for international standards
- Private health care coverage
- Wide range of staff discounts
- Candidates from abroad or Italian citizens who permanently work abroad and meet specific requirements, may be entitled to a deduction from taxable income of up to 90% from 6 to 13 years.
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU?
- An equal, inclusive and multicultural environment ready to welcome you with open arms. Discrimination is a big NO for us!
- We like contamination and encourage you to mingle and discover what other people are up to in our labs!
- If paperwork is not your piece of cake, we got you! There’s a specialized team working to help you with that, especially during your relocation!
- If you are a startupper or a business-minded person, you will find some exceptionally gifted professionals ready to nurture and guide your attitude and aspirations.
- If you want your work to have a real impact, in IIT you will find an innovative and stimulating culture that drives our mission to contribute to the improvement and well-being of society!
- We stick to our values! Integrity, courage, societal responsibility and inclusivity are the values we believe in! They define us and our actions in our everyday life. They guide us to accomplish IIT mission!
If you feel this tickles your appetite for change, do not hesitate and apply!
Please submit your application using the online form and including a detailed CV, university transcripts, cover letter (outlining motivation, experience and qualifications) and contact details of 2 references.
Application’s deadline: December 24th 2022
The Selection processes will be managed in compliance with the provisions established in Article 7 of the Funding Decree 1053 del 23.06.2022
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone Tel: +39 010 28961 - email: email@example.com - kindly note that this e-mail address is exclusively reserved for handling data protection issues. Please, do not use this e-mail address to send any document and/or request of information about this opening).
- Number of offers available
- ISTITUTO ITALIANO DI TECNOLOGIA
- Postal Code
Where to apply
- Postal Code