ORGANISATION/COMPANYRUĐER BOŠKOVIĆ INSTITUTE
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/10/2022 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCroatia › Zagreb
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Open position for the Senior Scientist at the Department of Molecular Medicine, Laboratory for Neurodegenerative Disease Research, Ruder Boskovic Institute, Zagreb in the field of Biomedicine and health, basic medical sciences
Prerequisites for Appointment to Scientific Position:
In addition to the general conditions for employment, applicants must meet the requirements stipulated by the Scientific Activity and Higher Education Act and the Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for appointments to Scientific positions of the Ruđer Bošković Institute.
The following should be attached to the application form:
1. Biography—general information, data on education, acquired professional qualifications and doctoral degree, professional work experience
2. Evidence of academic degree and scientific title
3. Brief summary of scientific activities in the last position held
4. List of scientific papers and a list of the most cited papers
5. Data confirming that the additional prerequisites have been met for appointment to the scientific position from Article 5. and Articles 6., 7., 8. and 9. of the Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for appointments to Scientific positions, including data on total citations, average citations, citations in books, monographs, textbooks, on principal authorship and the journal impact factor
6. Abbreviated program (up to one page) of the planned research
7. A list of proposed foreign scientists, from whom the Appointment Commission shall request written recommendations for the candidate, as follows:
Applicants for appointment to the positions of research associate are required to attach – a list of two foreign scientists.
Applicants for appointment to the positions of senior research associate are required to attach – a list of four foreign scientists.
Applicants for appointment to the positions of senior Senior Scientist and Tenured Senior Scientist are required to attach – a list of six foreign scientists
The Appointment Commission shall request written recommendations for the candidate from the proposed foreign scientists.
Appointment to a scientific position is for permanent employment.
8. If the applicant is an employee of the Ruđer Bošković Institute, he is obliged to attach a Certificate of indexation and citation of scientific papers , journal impact factors and h-index. For all other applicants the Certificate will be obtained by the expert committee.
Applicants who have earned their higher educational qualifications outside Croatia must attach to their application for a scientific position the Ruling on the Recognition of Foreign Higher Educational Qualifications issued by the Agency for Science and Higher Education or a receipt for the submission of an Application for that.
An application for a hiring competition for a research position, together with the aforementioned required items and the title of the scientific position for which the applicant is applying must be submitted within a period of 30 days from the date of the announcement of the competition in Narodne novine [The Official Gazette of the Republic of Croatia] to the following address: Ruđer Bošković Institute, Human Resources Department, Bijenička cesta 54, Zagreb, and should be marked ''Za natječaj – Contest point (number)…” [Hiring Competition].
In accordance with Article 13 of the Gender Equality Act, persons of both sexes may compete in hiring competitions.
Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for Appointments to Scientific Positions and Excerpt from RBI Statute (Prerequisites for Appointment to the Professional Ranks and Positions) can be viewed on the website http://www.irb.hr/O-IRB-u/Administrativne-strucne-i-tehnicke-sluzbe/Natj... and http://www.irb.hr/O-IRB-u/Javni-dokumenti.
Late applications and applications without proof that the required prerequisites have been met will not be considered.
The candidate is expected to lead the research on gut-liver-brain axis.
The candidate is expected to mentor PhD and postdoctoral researchers and to have a substantial track record on current and previously funded domestic and international grants
EURAXESS offer ID: 839423
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.