ORGANISATION/COMPANYRīga Stradiņš University Institute of Stomatology, ltd.
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/11/2022 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONLatvia › Riga
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK8
OFFER STARTING DATE02/01/2023
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERFirst stage res_Sep-2022
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Within the scope of the BBCE project currently, there is one partly funded first-stage researcher's position available in development of patient-specific personalized implants for bone regeneration.
The BBCE project, funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 programme (WIDESPREAD-01-2018-2019: Teaming Phase 2) calls for applications to one part first-stage first-stage researcher`s position (now a student of Dentistry or Medicine), with attractive complementary training activities in the multidisciplinary and international scientific environment. Successful candidates will have an opportunity to join the research group (group consist of group leader, project writer, at least two Ph.D. students, at least one Postdoc, one medical engineer and two technicians) established within the BBCE, and be a part of multidisciplinary and international scientific network.
The part-time contract will be offered for the first-stage researcher. First stage researcher will undergo yearly performance assessment related to his/her research and study activities (criteria will include: e.g., exams successfully passed, participation in BBCE training programs, papers published, co-supervising of students, assisting in teaching). Initially, up to a two-year contract will be offered to the first stage researcher with a potential renewal for another 1-3 years. The contract involves part time job with 8 working hours per week with an annual gross salary in the range of €2000– €2500. The annual gross salary will be subjected to all local taxes, social benefits, and other deductions following national regulations (https://www.fm.gov.lv/en/s/taxes/). Health insurance must be covered by the applicant him/herself.
1. First stage researcher up to the point of Ph.D. (now a student of Dentistry or Medicine).
2. Excellent/good oral and written English language skills (at minimum B2 level).
3. Good skills in scientific writing and presentation of the results.
4. Ability to carry out the research under the BBCE scope and to produce the data under supervision.
1. CV in English (Europass format, max. 3 pages).
2. A motivation letter in English (max 1 page), indicating envisaged research groups.
3. Copy of a valid ID document (passport or equivalent).
All documents must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 20, 2022, 11:00 PM (CET).
The selection procedure will be based on two steps: the first step will consist of the screening of all applications received and on the selection of a shortlist of candidates based on their CV and motivation letters; the second step will consist of an interview (held in person or ZOOM), at the end of which two successful candidates will be recruited.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELMedical sciences: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
1. Ability to carry out research under supervision.
2. Applicant has the ambition to develop knowledge of research methodologies and discipline.
3. Applicant has demonstrated a deep understanding of the field of study.
4. Applicant has demonstrated ability to produce data under supervision.
5. Applicant is capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas.
1. Applicant should be able to explain outcomes of the research and summarize them into scientific publications.
2. Applicant will be encouraged to participate in BBCE organized training seminars, summer schools of high impact scientific writing, organized at Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany, and at least in one international scientific conference.
EURAXESS offer ID: 838893
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.