ORGANISATION/COMPANYIMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › InformaticsComputer science › OtherEngineering › Computer engineeringMathematics › OtherMathematics › StatisticsPhysics › Applied physicsPhysics › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/10/2022 13:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Lucca
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
Fake news, fake accounts, social media analysis, data mining, machine learning, NLP, feature engineering
The research collaborator will work on the definition and development of software prototypes for ranking the content produced and diffused over the Internet and social networks, as well as their producers and spreaders. Final aim is assessing credibility of such content, and trustworthiness of the creators and spreaders. The software solutions will process web data and data from social media, primarily by means of machine learning techniques. The position is framed into the IMT Lucca-funded PAI project TOFFEe "Tools for fighting fakes".
The planned research activities are as follows:
- to continue the studies already started within the Toffee project on the detection of bots and disinformation on Twitter, primarily using machine learning techniques;
- study how to extend these studies to other social platforms (e.g. Instagram);
- collect new datasets from social media related to relevant events, both Italian and foreign;
- contribute to the drafting of scientific articles for the dissemination of the results obtained.
The activities will be carried out working together with the participants of the Toffee project.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- Master's degree (preferential: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics)
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- web programming languages;
- machine learning algorithms and related libraries - web crawling/scraping;
- statistics techniques and related libraries - NLP and related libraries;
- Applications: Web and Social Media analysis.
EURAXESS offer ID: 838814
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.