ORGANISATION/COMPANYFrench National Research Institute for Agriculture, Food, and the Environment (INRAE)
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/10/2022 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Villejuif
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
The EAROH team aims to study the early determinants of child health and development with a focus on 1) early factors involved in the development of obesity and cardiometabolic abnormalities and 2) early nutrition in relation to other aspects of child health and development. Its overall objective is to define the early living conditions that ensure a healthy development of children, to favor prevention rather than care of chronic diseases.
The team’s work is mainly based on birth cohorts: a first regional and medium-sized cohort (n=2002) with recruitment during pregnancy, the EDEN cohort (2003-2016), and a second cohort, the nationwide Elfe cohort (ongoing since 2011, n=18329). In both cohorts, the team collected data on a wide range of potential determinants of child’s health, development, and, for Elfe, socialization.
As part of the FRM-PeriContAll project, the post-doctoral fellow will on 2 workpackages 1) examine the association between dietary exposure to food chemicals and biomarkers from the biomonitoring program or from targeted and non-targeted screening of breastmilk and meconium; 2) examine the association between perinatal exposure to food chemicals and incidence of respiratory and allergic diseases. This is a multidisciplinary project involving 2 academic partners from nutritional epidemiology and immunology. The post-doctoral fellow will both partners, but will be assigned to the epidemiology team.
- Methodological literature review and synthesis,
- Statistical analysis plan
- Statistical analysis with SAS software
- Reporting of results using SAS software
- Synthesis and discussion of findings
- Scientific paper writing
- Dissemination of results
- Participation in team meetings
- Interaction with PeriContAll partners
- Students’ supervision
- Type: Fixed-term contract
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary scale based on diplomas and experience
- Send a detailed CV (including a list of works/publications), a cover letter and a letter of recommendation, specifying the reference of the offer to the contact email address
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELMedical sciences: PhD or equivalent
Candidates with a doctoral degree in epidemiology and significant experience in environmental epidemiology or toxicology
- Analysis of longitudinal data
- Dealing with large databases
- Environmental epidemiology / Toxicology
- English and French
- Data management
- Statistical analyses
- SAS, R
- Networking in an interdisciplinary environment
- Scientific writing skills
EURAXESS offer ID: 837807
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.