RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/09/2022 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONLatvia › Liepaja
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
Liepaja University (reg. No 3093000219) (below – LiepU), when elaborating and implementing the 8.2.2. specific support aim project “To strengthen the academic staff of higher education institutions in the areas of strategical specialization”, within the selection 3rd round of project applications according to the regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No 25 (composed on the 9th of January, 2018 in Riga) in the project “Academic career of Liepaja University staff: quality and sustainability in doctoral studies” (No 18.104.22.168/20/I/007), announces selection of foreign academic staff in study direction:
- Social sciences.
Requirements for applicants:
- person, with doctoral`s degree and has taken any academic position in one of accredited foreign higher schools for at least five years;
- person, who`s academic and scientific work profile is corresponding in fallowing study directions: Social sciences, Humanities and art, Engineering and technology (as an advantage will be considered an experience in multidisciplinary study directions);
- person who is internationally recognized expert involved in a network of academic and research activities;
- person, who uses innovative teaching methods in the study process;
- person with good English language skills (at least C1 according to Europass evaluation table) and is able to use the language in the teaching and methodological work;
- person with motivation to get involved in the project, to participate in research and teaching study courses at doctoral study programmes, in the development of the Doctoral School model in LiepU, as well as the desire to continue cooperation with LiepU for at least 6 months after the project is completed.
Foreign academic staff will be involved as lecturer and researcher in all doctoral study programmes:
- by teaching study courses on digitization and trends in the field of digitization, on research methodology, innovations in research, on academic writing, science communication, on the development of academic competence;
- by developing multidisciplinary study courses about research methodology, innovations in research, academic writing etc.;
- by conducting research in cooperation with the academic staff and researchers of LiepU;
- by involving in the development of doctoral study programs, facilitating the transition to a new model of doctoral studies.
Documents to be submitted:
- application addressed to the Rector;
- CV in Europass format;
- copy of the diploma with scientific degree;
- list of publications within the last five years.
Project implementation period: the 3rd quarter of 2021 until the 4th quarter of 2023. The job contract will be signed for 12 months (part-time, 20 hours per week) with a salary 4 000 EUR per month (before taxes)
Applicants can apply for a grant till September 23, 2022. The documents have to be send to the email email@example.com or by regular mail to the address Liepājas Universitāte, Lielā iela 14, Liepāja, Latvija, LV-3401, mentioning in the letter: “Konkursam SAM 8.2.2. atlases 3.kārtas ietvaros”
Basing on the first part of the Article 8 of the Law on Physical person data protection, Liepaja University hereby informs that the personal data mentioned in the application documents will be processed in order to provide the selection process and the controller of the above mentioned your personal data will be Liepaja University.
For more information contact project manager Madara Daudziņa-Šuktere (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
EURAXESS offer ID: 837568
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.