ORGANISATION/COMPANYAIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/10/2022 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Tulln
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK38.5
We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Health & Bioresources is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Tulln.
Bioinformatician (m/f/d) Microbes and Plants
- Center for Health & Bioresources -
- In our Competence Unit Bioresources in Tulln, we aim to make advancements in sustainable crop production and pest control and develop microbe-based solutions for the food systems and bioeconomy.
- Numerous and diverse projects address the functioning of soils, plants, microbiomes and their interactions.
- As part of our bioinformatics team, you will deploy available analysis pipelines and be involved in their further development to enable reliable insights using heterogeneous data sources.
- You will work with sequencing data and corresponding metadata from different research projects.
- Specifically, you will be involved in the analysis of microbial amplicon sequencing data, bacterial and fungal whole genome sequencing data, metagenomic sequencing data and statistical analysis.
- You will use state-of-the-art tools and already established pipelines and contribute to developing new scripts and workflows.
- You will report and discuss the results within the project team and publish in scientific journals.
- Your results will contribute to a deeper understanding of the impact of the microbiome on its host plant and the corresponding environment.
- You will have the chance to support the development of novel solutions for food security and environmental sustainability.
- You will work in an international and dynamic place, participating in valuable networking opportunities across Europe and worldwide.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- Higher degree (preferably PhD) in Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or similar
- Knowledge in bioinformatic analysis tools, Linux, Bash scripting and at least one of the following languages: Python, R.
- Familiarity with microbial community analyses
- Experience in machine learning approaches, reproducible workflows (Snakemake, Nextflow), Conda environments, is a plus
- Analytical thinking and scientific documentation
- Very good communication skills in English
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 49.532,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of diversity is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please make sure you submit your complete application documents including CV, cover letter and certificates online.
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
EURAXESS offer ID: 837126
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.