ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Split
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Computational physics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/10/2022 15:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCroatia › Split
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Senior assistant / postdoctoral candidate (1 position) at the Centre of Excellence for Science and Technology - Integration of the Mediterranean Region - STIM at the University of Split; STIM-REI project (research, innovation and education), on a fixed, full-time basis, until the end of the project implementation
Expected start of work is November 2022.
STIM-REI links research with innovation and education. Advanced nanoscale technologies element involves following activities:
ID New materials for organic-inorganic hybrid solar cells (HBCs) include: (i) characterization of the properties of porphine, a graphene analogue, and the design of its bifunctional layers, as well as (ii) the development of hybrid nanostructures for transparent solar cells. The goal is to model and experimentally create nanostructures with optimal optical properties for a new generation of more efficient and cheaper solar cells.
IE Design of new nanostructured materials for biosensors and their application in medical diagnostics (VBK) includes theoretical modeling for (i) new biosensors using metal nanoclusters, with superior detection sensitivity; (ii) a new class of nonlinear fluorophores based on ultra-small metal nanoclusters protected with biomolecules, which allow deep tissue penetration and enable direct imaging of living cells. The aim of the activity is to improve early medical diagnostics.
The head of the Center is prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Vlasta Bonačić Koutecký, Interdisciplinary Center for Advanced Science and Technology (ICAST); STIM at the University of Split (email@example.com).
In accordance with the Law on Scientific Activity and Higher Education, the Statute of the University and the general Acts of the University relating to the selection of scientific-teaching, teaching and associate positions:
- completed postgraduate university study in physics/chemistry
- advanced computer skills
- experimental work experience
- excellent knowledge of English language
Along with signed job application, candidates are required to enclose:
- CV in Europass format
- motivation letter – clearly stating candidate's reasons for applying for the job
- copy of national ID or passport
- certified postgraduate degree copy
- Proof of work experience (electronic record of employment obtained from Croatian Pension and Insurance bureau, copy of employment record book, or any other suitable proof)
- Proof of previous acknowledgments and awards for the scientific excellence
- Proof of participation in scientific and research work, published articles and presenting at science conferences
- English proficiency proof (copy of transcript of record, high school certificate or other relevant proof)
- Proof of adequate computer skills (copy of transcript of records, high school certificate, or any other relevant certificate).
EURAXESS offer ID: 835007
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.