ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineeringBiological sciences › Nutritional sciencesChemistry › BiochemistryChemistry › Molecular chemistryComputer science › Database managementComputer science › InformaticsComputer science › Modelling tools
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/10/2022 14:10 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Olsztyn
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE02/10/2022
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, Poland is looking for two full-time Postdoctoral Associates. The Postdoctoral Associates will be part of an interdisciplinary team of researchers led by Prof. Carsten Carlberg with the goal to investigate the effect of vitamin D and other nutritional compounds on changes of the epigenome and transcriptome of tissues and cell types of healthy and (pre)diseased individuals.
Professor Carlberg has expertise, projects and interests in gene regulation, epigenetics and vitamin D in the context of nutrigenomics, immunology and cancer.
The individuals hired will be primarily responsible for bioinformatic analysis and integration of multi-omics datasets, such as generated by RNA-seq, ATAC-seq and ChIPmentation.
Salary: minimum 2700 € gross per month
- cover letter describing how they fit the position and their scientific interests and philosophy
- CV including:
- Education history;
- Details on the PhD thesis (title, name of the supervisor, institution awarding the title, date of issuing the diploma);
- Scientific record (scientific articles, conference presentations, book chapters, monographs, books, etc.);
- Awards and other achievements (scholarships, internships, training schools, participation in research projects, etc.);
- Competences (computer and wet-lab skills, trainings, practices etc.);
- Three recommendation letters with contact information to referees
- Application documents should be sent to e-mail address: email@example.com
- Kindly note that only online applications will be accepted.
- Applicants will receive timely communication from the recruitment office to inform them on their status in the recruitment process.
IARFR PAS is located in Olsztyn - the capital and the largest city of the Warmia and Mazury province in the North-Eastern Poland, with population of approx.175,000 people. Olsztyn’s greatest allure lies in its unique location as it is surrounded by forests and lakes. Olsztyn is a recognized academic centre of the region. City is located 90 min drive from Gdańsk and 150 min drive from Warsaw.
To learn more about Olsztyn and Warmia and Mazury district, please visit:
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: PhD or equivalentBiological sciences: PhD or equivalentChemistry: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
The candidate’s qualifications and experience:
- A PhD degree in:
- Computer Science with some knowledge in bioscience
- Knowledge in molecular biology methods, in particularly RNA-seq, ATAC-seq and/or ChIP-seq
- Experience with analysis of high-throughput ‘omics data
- Track record of publications
- High motivation to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills for effective interaction with the multidisciplinary cohort of researchers
- Proactive, motivated, showing initiative to move projects forward
- Good work organization
- Independently design and conduct high-quality research experiments under the supervisor’s guidance
- Analyze data, create high quality figures and draft manuscripts for publication
- Fluency in English in speaking and writing
- Good writing and presentation skills
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 831117
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.