- WU Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Institute for Organization Design
- Research Field
- Economics » Business economics
- Researcher Profile
- Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
You want to understand how things are connected and make a fundamental impact? We offer an environment where you can realize your full potential. At one of Europe’s largest and most modern business and economics universities. On a campus where quality of work is also quality of life. We are looking for support at the
Institute for Organization Design
Fulltime, 40 hours/week
Starting as soon as possible and ending after 3 years
The Institute for Organization Design (Department of Strategy & Innovation), headed by Prof. Patricia Klarner, has a research and teaching focus on strategic management (particularly strategic leadership and corporate governance), organizational change, and organization design. In our quantitative empirical research, we cooperate with a well-established network of international scholars (e.g., Wharton, Rice, INSEAD, Bocconi). We are particularly looking for self-motivated, highly active and productive researchers, who will be expected to make a significant contribution to our research areas.
What to expect
- Collaborative research environment: You will pursue your research agenda and work on joint research projects with members of the Institute. The outcomes of your research projects will be published in leading international academic journals. You will also coach PhD students at the Institute.
- International focus: You will regularly present and discuss your research at international conferences and in our Institute’s research seminar. A travel budget will support you to extend your international research network. We will support your placement on the international academic job market.
- Teaching: You will be responsible for developing and coordinating a new undergraduate course in Strategy & Innovation. You will teach the course in collaboration with colleagues from the Department of Strategy & Innovation and supervise student theses.
What you have to offer
- Academic degree: You have completed (or are close to completing) an outstanding PhD in Business Administration (preferably) or a related field, including strong conceptual and quantitative methodological training.
- Strong academic record: You have a solid academic background and qualification in one or more of the following areas:
1. Strategic management, particularly strategic leadership or corporate governance
2. Strategic and organizational change
3. Organization design
In addition, you have strong skills in quantitative empirical research, statistical and econometric analysis (e.g., Stata, R), and / or natural language processing (Python, R).
- Passion for academic work: You have a strong dedication to publishing in top tier management journals and a strong motivation to contribute to the research agenda of the Institute.
- Interest in teaching: You show a high motivation and capacity to excel in teaching. You have teaching experience at the undergraduate level (in German or English). You have experience in using multimedia teaching and learning formats or are at least willing to learn.
- Soft skills: You have very good communication, presentation, and analytical skills, a high self-motivation, excellent organizational skills, willingness to take on responsibility and learn, natural curiosity, and are a team player.
- Language skills: You have strong skills in written and spoken English and a very good command of German.
Interested candidates should upload their applications including a cover letter (specifying research interests, ideas for research projects, motivation for an academic career, and possible starting date), CV, transcript of records, copies of relevant certificates, and other relevant documents, using the online application tool. Candidates should also provide evidence of research quality (e.g., as demonstrated by a job market paper and other academic papers).
Please include names and contact details of at least two potential academic references.
You can submit all application documents either in English or in German.
Questions may be directed to Prof. Dr. Patricia Klarner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to your application!
What we offer you
- A top business and economics university with renowned experts on the faculty and a diverse range of subjects, triple accredited
- Excellent infrastructure, both technologically and architecturally, and a wide range of WU service units
- Diversity and appreciation in an open-minded, inclusive and family-friendly environment
- Flexibility and individual freedom thanks to flexible working hours
- Inspiring campus life with over 2,400 employees in research, teaching, and administration and approximately 21,500 students on a conveniently located, architecturally unique campus in the heart of Vienna
- Generous support for continuing education and travel
- Architecturally spectacular, modern campus in the heart of Vienna
- Meaningful work in a pleasant working atmosphere
The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to €4,061.50 (14 times per year). This salary may be adjusted based on equivalent prior work experience. In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive social benefits.
Do you want to join the WU team?
Then please submit your application by December 21, 2022 under www.wu.ac.at/jobs (ID 1522).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Our goal is to make sure it is safe for students and employees to study and work on campus in person. Therefore, WU recommends to ensure sufficient vaccination protection against Covid-19 at all times.
- Number of offers available
- WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business)
- Postal Code
- Welthandelsplatz 1
Where to apply
- Welthandelsplatz 1
- Postal Code