- METHODS team of the Centre of Research in Epidemiology and StatisticS (CRESS - UMR1153 Université Paris Cité / INSERM)
- Research Field
- Medical sciencesMedical sciences » Medicine
- Researcher Profile
- First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The METHODS team of the Centre of Research in Epidemiology and StatisticS (CRESS - UMR1153 Université Paris Cité / INSERM) is looking for a group of four post-doctoral fellows to work on the @Hotel-Dieu project (Scientific director: Pr. Philippe Ravaud).
Candidates should have a doctoral degree in clinical epidemiology, statistics, methods research or meta research.
@Hotel-Dieu is an ambitious public-private partnership aimed at developing an interface between public organizations (Assistance Publique - Hôpitaux de Paris and Université Paris Cité) and technology startups (Lifen, Withings, Nouveal, Nabla and Implicity). Its objective is to accelerate the uptake of digital medicine tools, such as biometric wearable devices and AI, in both hospitals and outpatient care. The program received 17 million Euros from the French Public Investment Bank (“Banque Publique d’Investissement” - BPI).
Within the @Hotel-Dieu project, the METHODS team is responsible of an important research program aimed at:
• Improving the development of algorithms in healthcare, especially to ensure their robustness and external validity;
• Conceptualizing a new care model blending digital technologies in the current workflow of physicians and patients, through the use of participative sciences;
• Developing methodological and mathematical tools for real-time personalized care and “Just-in Time Adaptive Interventions”;
• Refining the methods to accelerate and lower the cost of the evaluation of the effectiveness of digital health interventions
The recruited post-doctoral fellows will be part of the METHODS Team of CRESS, located at Hôtel-Dieu hospital in the center of Paris. The team is affiliated to the Université Paris Cité and Inserm (French national health research institute). It offers a dynamic multidisciplinary research environment with four tenured university hospital professors, two tenured INSERM research, one junior professor, two assistant professors, 5 post-docs and about 10 doctoral students.
The following section is specific to a position aimed developing a new methodological framework for the conduct of “Just-in Time Adaptive Interventions” (JITAIs). JITAIs are a category of sophisticated, personalized digital interventions that aim to deliver the right pharmacologic or non-pharmacologic intervention component, at the right time, based on the individual’s changing state. JITAIs rely on devices that high-frequency data about the individual and his/her environment (e.g., wearable glucose sensor, smartphone accelerometer), and they use this information to select the appropriate type and amount of intervention and deliver it in real-time. The revolutionary innovation of JITAIs lies in their ability to deliver interventions outside of consultations, in real-life settings (e.g., at home, at work) where health behavior and disease self-management take place.
The project entails two steps: 1) developing a classification of existing JITAIs, based on a systematic review of published JITAIs in the literature and of JITAIs approved by the FDA; and 2) conceptualizing the evolution of the classification developed in order to guide the development of future interventions more relevant to patients and clinicians.
For this project, we are looking for a highly motivated candidate with a doctoral degree in clinical epidemiology, statistics, methods research or meta research.
The position is open and to be filled as soon as a suitable candidate will be identified.
- Conducting a systematic review JITAIs published in the literature and of JITAIs approved by the FDA.
- Developing a classification of the existing JITAIs based on the nature of the monitoring, decision points, delivered intervention and existing feedback loops
- Conceptualizing the evolutions of the classification developed
- Expertise in the conduct of systematic reviews
- Excellent knowledge of designs for comparative effectiveness research
- Organizational skills
Education level: Doctoral degree in Clinical Epidemiology statistics, methods research or meta research.
Duration: 24 months (depending on the starting date)
Salary: 2 400 to 2 700 € Net /month depending on experience
How to Apply: Your application should include a cover letter, resume and list of publications, the name, and email address of 2 references. email@example.com
- Research Field
- Education Level
- Master Degree or equivalent
Doctoral degree in Clinical Epidemiology statistics, methods research or meta research.
• Expertise in the conduct of systematic reviews
• Excellent knowledge of designs for comparative effectiveness research
• Organizational skills
- Number of offers available
- Postal Code
Where to apply
- 1 place du Parvis Notre Dame
- Postal Code