ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Rostock
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Modelling toolsEngineering › Biomedical engineeringEngineering › Electrical engineeringMathematics › Computational mathematicsNeurosciences › Neuroinformatics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/08/2022 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Rostock
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Job Advertisement P 114/2022
The University of Rostock offers a diverse, varied and demanding job in a tradition-conscious, yet innovative, modern and family-friendly university in a lively city by the sea.
At the Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Institute of General Electrical Engineering, Chair of Electromagnetic Field Theory, subject to allocation of funds, we are filling the following position at the earliest possible date on a temporary basis for the duration of the project "Transregio TRR 295 RETUNE“ ending on 30.06.2024:
Research Assistant (m/f/d)
EG 13 TV-L, full-time employment, 40 hours/week, limited, project position
The research is carried out within the framework of subproject S01 of the supra-regional Collaborative Research Center TRR 295, "Treatment of motor network disorders using neuromodulation," supported by Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin and the University Hospital Würzburg. The place of work is the University of Rostock. The main objective of the research is to establish a comprehensive simulation environment for patient-specific modelling of deep brain stimulation with special emphasis on the accurate modelling of the electric field in brain tissue and its effect on neuronal structures of the basal ganglia complex. The post-doctoral researcher will enhance the existing functionality of the open source software tool OSS-DBS integrated with Lead DBS, developed at the University of Rostock and the Charité, respectively. This will be done by adding algorithms for patient-specific pathway classification and reconstructing neural networks based on multimodal medical imaging. Furthermore, new physical and mathematical aspects of volume conductor modelling shall be implemented. For example, the advanced description of electrode-tissue interfaces is of particular importance.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- conducting research in the field of Computational Neuroscience
- development of existing software for the research described above
- development of mathematical models
- cooperation with other TRR 295 projects
- publication of the research results
- Employment relationship in accordance with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service of the Federal States (TV-L) with the employer Land Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, represented by the University of Rostock
- remuneration with salary group 13 if personal and collective agreement requirements are met
- an individual assignment of the experience level according to the collective agreement, taking into account your previous professional experience
- 30 days annual vacation and annual special payment; additional pension plan (VBL)
- flexible working hours
- various offers for health promotion and work-life balance, e.g. through our family office or our URgesund health management system
- multitude of continuing education opportunities, including language courses, IT courses, seminars for professional development
- participation in the extensive range of university sports activities
University of Rostock as an employer
Equal opportunities are important to us. We welcome applications from suitable severely disabled persons or persons of equal status. We aim to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore encourage relevantly qualified women to apply. We welcome applications from people of other nationalities or with a migration background.
In principle, the position is also suitable for part-time employment. If corresponding applications are received, we will consider whether the part-time wishes can be met within the scope of official feasibilities.
The temporal limitation of the employment relationship is based on § 2 (2) WissZeitVG.
If desired, the staff council can be consulted during the selection process. Please enclose an informal request for this with your application documents.
We look forward to receiving your online application with complete, informative documents (cover letter, resume, diploma with indication of final grade) by 15. August 2022 at the latest. Only applications received via our application portal and containing all requested documents will be considered.
Unfortunately, application and travel costs cannot be covered by the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
For further information please contact:
Insitute of General Electrical Engineering: Mrs. Prof. Dr. Ursula van Rienen, Tel. 0381 / 498-7070
HR department: Mrs. Julia Kluth, Tel. 0381 / 498-1317
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: PhD or equivalentMathematics: PhD or equivalentPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- completed university degree (state examination, diploma, master's degree or comparable degree) in computational science and engineering, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, mathematics, physics or similar field of study with at least good results
- doctoral degree in one of the above fields of study
- publications in the field of computational neuroscience
- excellent knowledge of the numerics of partial differential equations and programming
- excellent knowledge of the English language, written and spoken
- interest in interdisciplinary research and medicine
- independent working style and ability to work on new topics
EURAXESS offer ID: 817149
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.