ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Palermo
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Simulation engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/08/2022 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONItaly › palermo
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE20/10/2022
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERdecreto 3247/2022
Greenhouse gas emissions from wastewater treatment plant: monitoring and modelling.
The research activity will be aimed at monitoring and subsequent modeling of greenhouse gas emissions from wastewater treatment plants (WWTP). The research is also aimed at reducing the carbon footprint associated with greenhouse gas emissions from direct and indirect emissions, according to the current need to reduce the environmental impact and promote sustainable development. The research activity involves experimentation both with pilot plants and with real WWTPs. Further info about the project and activities can be found in the following papers:
- Initial contract of 12 months, which can be extended to 2 years. Foreseen date of start: 25 October 2022.
- The selected candidate will work in a research project funded by theEU, and in several projects and contracts with companies within the water field.
- Workplace is Engineering Department.
- Annual gross salary is 24.000 €
see the call at the following link:
Candidates should send their applications by E-Mail to (email@example.com) not later than 20 August 2022. The following documentation is needed:
- Application form available at: https://bit.ly/3NK5FGc
- CV with the list of publications.
- A brief note describing the motivation to apply for this post.
- Two or more references, with the contact details.
- Up to three letters of recommendation (optional).
About Palermo University
The University of Palermo (UNIPA) is a consolidated cultural, scientific and teaching presence in central-western Sicily. Its 16 Departments cover the most important domains of contemporary scientific and technological knowledge. About 122 courses (first and second cycle) are yearly offered as well as 44 master and specialization and 23 PhD courses, targeted to the training of specific professional figures, often in cooperation with external institutions and companies.
The University General Hospital is a local health corporation that works in synergy with the School of Medicine. It provides beds,
day-hospital beds, and a first-aid service. UNIPA is also present in three other cities in Sicily, apart Palermo: Agrigento, Caltanissetta e Trapani.
There is a closed link between UNIPA and the labor market: 3rd students of 1st cycle degree courses and 2nd year students of the 2nd
cycle experience practice periods within public or private companies and agencies.
Palermo University has 16 Departments, where researchers study every day to find new solution to the questions posed by nature, science and society. From Information Technology to Biology, from Mathematics to Medicine, to Social Sciences and Preservation of Cultural Heritage, the University works to make its contribution of innovation and progress to the international scientific community and the world of production. In the laboratories – many of which are open to the local community – the first step of collaboration between researchers in the academic world and in the business world are taken, basic and applied research is carried out, and young brains are given the chance to turn their intuitions to good account. Here scientific research finds its application in robotics, pharmaceutical industry, ecology, and medical
diagnostics. Successful technological transfer implies the full synergy of innovative technologies, scientific expertise, production systems and
processes. Actually, it is necessary to implement a full-fledged system including the “know-how”, production processes, goods, services
and organizational and operational skills. Further info at: https://www.unipa.it/mobilita/en/useful-information/about-palermo-univer...
- To hold a PhD in chemical, environmental engineering or equivalent degrees is not mandatory but a preference title
- To have the ability in wastewater treatment, sludge management, lab tests for measuring (COD, BOD, TSS; N, P, CST etc..).
- To have skills on use of mathematical models (Matlab, R, GPS-X, etc.).
- Be fluent in English. Knowledge of will be appreciated.
- To be proactive, have commitment to teamwork and, if possible, used to work in both academic and business environments.
EURAXESS offer ID: 816583
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.