ORGANISATION/COMPANYIspa - Instituto Universitário
RESEARCH FIELDPsychological sciences › Psychology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/08/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisbon
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
CALL FOR THE HIRING OF 1 (ONE) POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER TO CONDUCT SCIENCE MANAGEMENT ACTIVITES UNDER THE “APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY RESEARCH CENTER CAPABILITIES & INCLUSION”, UNDER ARTICLE 19 FROM DECREE-LAW NR 57/2016, OF 29TH AUGUST, ALTERED BY LAW NR 57/2017, OF 19TH JULY.
1. At a meeting of the Board of Directors of ISPA, CRL, it was decided to open a call for the hiring of 1 post-Doctoral researcher to develop science management activities, under an unfixed-term contract, in line with the current Applicable Regulation, under the “Applied Psychology Research Center Capabilities & Inclusion” with the reference UIDB/05299/2020, funded by National Funds through the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology.
2. Candidate Profile
The candidate must present at least two years of previous experience as coordinator or team members in the administration and research management of national and/or international projects and in supporting the development and submission of project proposals. The candidate must also present experience in the preparation of scientific, administrative and financial reports of national and/or international projects to be submitted to funding agencies and have knowledge about existing science management platforms. The candidate must also have previous work experience in scientific research contexts, particularly in the area of Psychology and other Social Sciences, and experience in organizing scientific events. The candidate must be fluent in English, both written and spoken, with expertise in the field of Psychology or other Social Sciences.
3. Applicable Legislation
- Decree Law n. º 57/2016, of August 29, amended by the Decree Law Nº 57/2017, of July 19 with the aim to stimulate the creation of jobs in science and technology, promote the rejuvenation of institutions and enhance scientific research activities, technological development, science management and communication (RJEC).
- Labour Code, approved Law n. º 7/2009, of February 12, on its current wording.
4. The jury will be composed by:
President, Professor Doctor José Ornelas;
Member, Professor Doctor Cristina Quelhas;
Member, Professor Doctor Maria Emília Marques.
Alternate members: Professor Doctor Maria João Gouveia; Professor Doctor António Caetano.
5. The activities will be developed at ISPA - Instituto Universitário, located at Rua Jardim do Tabaco, 34, 1149-041 Lisboa, Portugal and/or other locations necessary for the execution of the work plan.
6. The monthly remuneration to be attributed is that provided in paragraph 1 of article 15 from Decree-Law 57/2016, of August 29, altered by Law 57/2017, of July 19, correspondent to level 33 of Single Remuneration Table (TRU) approved by Portaria nº 1553-C/2008, December 31, to the value of 2153,94 Euros.
The contract is expected to start in September 2022 and has an expected duration of 16 months.
7. Applicants to this call can be national, foreign, and stateless candidates who hold a doctoral degree in Psychology or related areas of Social Sciences. Furthermore, they must be holders of a scientific and professional curriculum that reveals a profile appropriate to the activities to be developed. If the doctorate degree was awarded by a foreign higher education institution, it must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law nº 341/2007, of October 12th, and all formalities established therein (recognition of the degree) must be complied with at the stage of signing the contract.
8.General requirements for admission to competition
General: Doctoral Degree in Psychology or related areas of Social Sciences
9.The selection is to be made based on the candidate’s professional, scientific and curricular evaluation.
10. The evaluation of the professional, scientific, and curricular achievements focuses on the relevance, quality, and timeliness of the scientific production, research activities, and research management activities developed over the last five years and considered by the candidate as having the greatest impact, including those of extension and dissemination of knowledge in the context of the promotion of scientific culture and practices.
11. The five-year period mentioned in 10. is pondered by the date of Ph.D. conclusion and can be extended by the jury, if requested by the candidate, when justified on grounds of suspension of scientific activity for socially protected reasons, such as parental leave, prolonged serious illness, and other situations of unavailability for work that are legally protected.
12. Evaluation Criteria
a) Experience in science management, participation, and/or coordination of funding in national and/or international projects, and/or research activities developed in the scientific field of the current call (50%);
b) Experience in supporting the submission of applications and research projects to national and/or international funding mechanisms, and knowledge of science management platforms (40%);
c) If deemed necessary, interview (10%).
13. The evaluation process may include an interview to the top 3 eligible candidates with the highest score according to the evaluation criteria, which is meant to further clarify their motivation, research, and information about their background.
14. The final classification system of the candidates will correspond to the weighted average of the evaluation criteria, and is expressed on a scale of 0-100.
15. The deliberation is made through the nominal vote of the jury according to eligibility and selection procedures. Abstentions are not allowed.
16. Minutes of the meetings of the jury should be drawn up to include a summary of all the meetings, and a ranking of approved candidates with their respective classification according to eligibility and selection criteria. These minutes should be made available to candidates upon request.
17. The final decision of the Jury should be validated by the institutional leader who also decides on the recruitment, namely the President of the Board of Directors of ISPA, CRL. If none of the candidates has the profile required for the position and respective work plan, then the jury has the right to not appoint anybody.
18. Applications process
18.1 Applications should be formalized through a written request to the President of the Board of Directors of ISPA, CRL, stating the reference of this call, full name, filiation, Citizenship/Civil Identification Number, expiry date of ID Card, tax identification number, date and place of birth, marital status, profession, residence and contact address, including e-mail address and telephone contact.
18.2 Applications should include support documents (PDF format; only documents in Portuguese or English will be accepted) and proof of the conditions laid down in the points above for admission to this call, mainly in points 7 and 8:
a) Copy of Ph.D. certificate or diploma;
b) Detailed curriculum vitae;
c) Other documents relevant for the evaluation of the qualification in a related scientific area;
d) Brief description of the motivation and most relevant professional and scientific activities over the past 5 years (max 1 page), in line with n.º 2 of art. 5º from Decree-Law DL nº 57/2016, of August 29, altered by Law nº 57/2017, of July 19.
18.3 Applications should be submitted by sending the application (formal request) and supporting documents, digitally in PDF format, to the e-mail address email@example.com from July 25th until August 8th, 2022 (11 PM GMT+1), with the reference of this call (APPSYCI/011/CT/2022) in the email’s subject.
19. Candidates who formalize their application incorrectly or who do not meet the specific requirements will be excluded from admission to the competition. In case of doubt, the jury is entitled to request further documentation to support the candidate’s statements.
20. False statements by candidates will be punished by the law.
21. The results of the evaluation will be provided in a list with the rankings of the candidates. All candidates will be notified via email.
22. Prior hearing and the deadline for the Final Decision: The final decisions of the jury will be announced within 90 days from the deadline of the application’s submission. After being notified of the results, candidates have 10 working days to appeal (pursuant to article 121 of the Code of Administrative Procedure).
23. Once the prior hearing period has elapsed, the selected candidate has ten working days to accept, in writing, the assigned position, otherwise, if no reasonable reason is invoked within the aforementioned period, this is equivalent to the resignation or withdrawal of the position. In case of resignation or withdrawal of the selected candidate, the jury reserves the right to notify and award the contract to the competition, to the candidate(s) classified in(s) subsequent place(s), if applicable, and in accordance with the final ranking list. If none of the candidates have the profile indicated for carrying out the work plan, the jury reserves the right not to award the contract to the competition.
24. The present competition is exclusively intended to fill the specific vacancy indicated and may be terminated until the final list of candidates is approved, expiring with the respective occupation of the said vacancy.
25. Non-discrimination and equal access policy: ISPA, CRL actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired, or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of any duties based on ancestry, age, sex, sexual preference, marital status, family and economic conditions, education, origin or social conditions, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, origin territory, language, religion, political or ideological convictions, and union membership.
26. Pursuant to DL nº. 29/2001, of February 3rd, disabled candidates have a preference in an equal classification situation, which supersedes any legal preference. Candidates must declare, on their honor, on their application form during the selection period under the regulations above, their respective disability degree, the type of disability, and the communication/expression means to be used.
EURAXESS offer ID: 815940
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.