ORGANISATION/COMPANYComputer Vision Center
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/09/2022 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2022
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) has a vacancy for a postdoc to work in the frontier between document intelligence and privacy preserving learning.
The position is linked to the European Lighthouse on Secure and Safe AI (ELSA) project https://elsa-ai.eu/, funded by European Union’s Horizon Europe research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101070617.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the design and development of AI solutions for document understanding, and in particular on Document Visual Question Answering systems, employing privacy preserving techniques and infrastructures set up by the ELSA project.
The candidate is expected to have extensive experience in at least one of: document intelligence and/or private and robust collaborative learning (differential privacy, federated learning), and an appetite to learn.
The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona).
We offer a full-time contract, a good environment, flexible working hours
Duration: between 30 and 36 months, depending on the start date.
Salary: €40,000 annual gross, according to CVC labor categories.
Starting date: September - October 2022
The CVC is committed to Open Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) for any potential candidate in all our processes. In 2015 we received the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) award. Through an extensive and continuous process, we improve the conditions and opportunities at CVC. With these actions, the CVC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers, as well as the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
For more information follow this link
All applications must include a full CV in English including contact details and a Cover Letter with a statement of interest in English.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon Europe research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101070617.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- The candidate must have a PhD degree from a recognised EU University or equivalent.
- Postdoctoral experience and a strong publication record in topics related to the project will be evaluated positively.
- The position requires strong English oral and writing skills as the candidate will be interacting with a team of international researchers. The job will include providing several progress reports in English.
- Experience with participation in research projects, especially EU projects, will be evaluated positively.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in teams.
- Strong motivation to contribute to good working and social environment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 815190
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.