ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Chemical Research of Catalonia ICIQ
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/08/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONSpain › Tarragona
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2022
The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a Project Researcher to join the Med Chem AiCuris-ICIQ Joint Unit.
ICIQ is committed to performing excellent research at the frontier of knowledge in the broad area of chemistry (Catalysis, Artificial Photosynthesis, Activation of Small Molecules, Photovoltaics, Functional Molecular Assemblies and Chemical Biology, from either theoretical or experimental perspectives). The institute also aims at training the future generation of scientists by offering high-quality educational programs to master, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers (Full details on http://www.iciq.org/).
ICIQ and the German biotech company AiCuris have been collaborating in drug discovery and development activities since 2015. In 2020, this collaboration was expanded with the creation of the ICIQ-Aicuris Joint Unit, which hosts 7 researchers working in the area of medicinal chemistry. The objective of this collaboration is advancing Medicinal Chemistry research projects from initial hit finding and exploratory chemistry, through the lead optimization process to ultimately deliver high quality small molecule clinical candidates to AiCuris’ pipeline.
The role of the Project Researcher will be to work in the synthesis and purification of new chemical entities and chemical libraries in medicinal chemistry projects for AiCuris, under the supervision of the Unit Manager.
- The selected candidate will focus on developing and optimizing synthetic procedures, synthesis and purification of novel chemical compounds in medicinal chemistry projects, applying state of the art technology and current best practice in synthetic and medicinal chemistry.
- Permanent contract linked to project.
- Remuneration according to individual’s qualification/experience.
- Incorporation: September 2022.
- Annual salary split in twelve monthly payments.
- Application deadline: 28th july
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Decision making, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong commitment for scientific research
- Self‐driven, self‐motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Experience in developing medicinal chemistry projects for pharmaceutical companies or CRO
- Knowledge of structure‐based drug design and ADME optimization in drug discovery
- Availability for immediate incorporation
- PhD in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or equivalent
- Significant experience in multistep organic synthesis and preparation of high-quality small molecule chemical libraries
- Experience in the use of analytical methods (NMR, HPLC, LCMS, etc.)
- High level of English.
EURAXESS offer ID: 813002
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.