ORGANISATION/COMPANYVienna University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDArchitecture › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/07/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK30
30 hours/week | Cover for leave of absence
TU Wien is Austria's largest institution of research and higher education in the fields of technology and natural sciences. With over 26,000 students and more than 4000 scientists, research, teaching and learning dedicated to the advancement of science and technology have been conducted here for more than 200 years, guided by the motto "Technology for People". As a driver of innovation, TU Wien fosters close collaboration with business and industry and contributes to the prosperity of society.
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Urban Culture and Public Space (E285-02) at the Faculty of Architecture and Planning, TU Wien offers a temporary part-time predoc-position (30 hours/week, limited until 14.10.2023) in the fields of urban studies, with a strong focus on qualitative, visual and exploratory urban research methods. Expected start: 15 October 2022.
Candidates are explicitly invited to (further) develop their doctoral thesis project at our centre in alignment with the centre's fields of research. Candidates are expected to provide initial experience in empirical field research; in helping to organise academic teaching and in participating in university administration. Experience in acquiring third-party research funding will be acknowledged in addtion. We are seeking to hire a person versed in team-work who is curious, acquainted with the field or urban studies, and self-organized while being able to help orient others in their work. Candidates are expected to fluently speak English and German (both in written and in speech).
- Interface management, cooperation and co-guidance of students
- Realizing co-teaching activities in planning and architecture
- Co-writing research proposals and proposals
- Co-editing and co-authoring of publications, academic articles, and presentations
- Organizing scientific meetings, conferences and symposia
- Involvement in the centre's organization and the department’s administration
- An open-minded and international research environment as well as solid professional networks in the fields of urban studies.
- Continuing personal and professional education and relatively flexible working hours
- Central location of workplace with very good accessibility (U1/U4 Karlsplatz)
- A creative environment in one of the most liveable cities in the world
- Additional benefits for employees can be found at the following link: Fringe-Benefit Catalogue of TU Wien
Entry level salary is determined by the pay grade B1 of the Austrian collective agreement for university staff. This is a minimum of currently EUR 2,294.00/month gross, 14 times/year for 30 hours/week. Relevant working experiences may increase the monthly income.
We look forward to receiving your application until 28.07.2022.
Please submit your application (in English appreciated) including a scientific CV, a 1 to 2-page statement of motivation, a max. 5 pages PhD project exposé; proofs of textual and visual work. Additional files can be uploaded under the category: +add more documents.
- Finished Master Studies Degree in the fields of urban studies, social sciences, humanities, planning, architecture in Austria or abroad
- Foreign languages: English (fluent) and German (fluent), ideally a third language
- Organisational skills in intercultural work, teamwork capacity as well as individual project management skills
- Scientific writing and coordination skills in research project applications, third-party funding, teaching, and conference organization
- Rhethoric and presentation skills
- Academic networking skills
EURAXESS offer ID: 809431
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.