ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstituto Politécnico de Viana do Castelo
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Nutritional sciencesEnvironmental scienceManagement sciencesOtherPolitical sciencesPsychological sciences › Psychology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/07/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › VIANA DO CASTELO
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERFEAST - 101060536
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR A POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP (BIPD) UNDER THE HORIZONTE EUROPA PROJECT FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION - FOOD SYSTEMS THAT SUPPORT TRANSITIONS TO HEALTHY AND SUSTAINABLE DIETS, (FEAST)
Applications are invited for a post-doctoral research scholarship within the HORIZONTE EUROPE project, funded by the European Commission - Food systems that support transitions to hEalthy And Sustainable diets, (FEAST), for a period of 20 consecutive days.)
The Polytechnic Institute of Viana do Castelo is a public higher education institution, whose purpose is to be a socially responsible Polytechnic, generator of global knowledge and enhancer of the development of Alto Minho. The IPVC's mission is the harmonious development of the human being, the creation and management of knowledge and culture, research, science, technology and art. It has an organizational structure integrated by schools united in the same mission, whose geographical dispersion facilitates the commitment to the sustainable development of the region and whose dimension allows the proximity of teachers and students in a stimulating relationship to personal and professional training. The IPVC quality is based on a scientifically, technically and pedagogically qualified teaching staff, on innovative training processes, supported by R&D and innovation activities developed in a symbiotic partnership with the community actors.
An institution where you want and enjoy working.
The conditions for awarding the scholarship are as follows:
Scientific field: PhD in sciences relevant to the work plan (e.g. agro-food, nutritional sciences, psychological sciences, business sciences, public health, environmental sciences, political sciences, social sciences).
Admission requirements: Candidates to this scholarship should hold a PhD degree in sciences relevant to the work plan (e.g. agro-food, nutritional sciences, psychological sciences, business sciences, public health, environmental sciences, political sciences, social sciences).
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of 16 August, which approves the juridical regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of 3 August, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
Eligibility: Candidates who have obtained a doctoral degree less than three years ago and who comply with the provisions of no. 2 of article 2 of the Research Grant Holder Statute, as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of 28 August, and also comply with the regime established in the Scientific Research Grant Regulations of the Polytechnic Institute of Viana do Castelo
Your new role and the team
You will collaborate with a motivated, committed, multidisciplinary and highly competitive research team, in a very dynamic working environment, which has won funding from the European Commission for the implementation of the Horizon Europe project.
The FEAST project integrates 36 of the most prestigious European institutions in this area, including research teams and organisations with solid experience in the various areas of activity of the project.
You will have the opportunity to interact with key stakeholders and experts in this area at local, national and European level. You will be part of the CISAS (Centro de Investigação em Sistemas Agro-alimentares) team, a research centre funded by FCT.
FEAST (Food systems that support transitions to hEalthy And Sustainable diets) aims to catalyse Europe's just transition to a 'Win-Win-Win' food system that promises big gains for people, planet, public and private sectors by promoting research and intervention in agri-food systems that support transitions to healthier and more sustainable diets.
The IPVC is the only Portuguese higher education institution in the consortium and is responsible for a work plan that encompasses:
- To contribute to the development and implementation of methodology to assess the impact of food companies on environmental sustainability and obesity; To carry out a baseline assessment of how organisations in Portugal affect the food environment and make preliminary recommendations on how companies can support the transition to healthy/sustainable dietary behaviour.
- Contribute to the development of methodology for mapping government policies (including dietary guidelines) for healthy diets from sustainable food systems at local, national and EU levels, including assessing barriers and facilitators to the implementation of healthy diets from sustainable food systems;
- Contribute to the development of a systemic approach to identify synergies and trade-offs between policy areas relating to both nutrition and sustainability, between actors and between levels of jurisdiction;
- Contribute to the review of dietary patterns and factors influencing dietary behaviours, including actors in the agri-food system;
- Contribute to the development of agri-food sustainability, food consumption behaviour, innovation and development of new food products, food chain management;
- Contribute to mapping and monitoring food behaviour patterns and diets for the general population and vulnerable groups;
- To participate in national and international meetings in the scope of this project;
- Present research in working group meetings and seminars at European level;
- To write scientific publications, in English, based on the results of the work carried out.
Legislation and applicable regulations: Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/estatutobolseiro) and Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação do Instituto Politécnico de Viana do Castelo approved by Despacho n. º 7347/2020, 22 July; Decreto-Lei n.º 66/2018, 16 August (Legal regime for recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
Workplace and scientific supervision: The work will be carried out at the Polytechnic Institute of Viana do Castelo under the scientific supervision of Professor Ana Teresa Martins Ferreira de Oliveira, with the collaboration of Professor Ana Sofia Rodrigues and Professor Manuela Vaz Velho.
Flexible working hours with the possibility of teleworking.
Duration of the grant: The grant will last for 12 months with the possibility of renewal up to a maximum of 36 months (starting in September 2022 and ending on August 2025).
Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant is 1.686,00 euros, according to the table of subsidies for research grants in the IPVC, updated by Order of the President of IPVC of 30-03-2022 and will be paid by bank transfer.
Evaluation of applications: Applications will be evaluated considering the selection criteria listed below on a scale of 0 to 20. In case the selected candidate withdraws, the second candidate from the ordered list of candidates will be automatically selected, and so on, sequentially, until all the candidates presented with a score higher than or equal to 9.5 are exhausted.
Curriculum evaluation - with a value of 100%, which will be carried out according to the following criteria:
Scientific curriculum vitae with publications in international journals with peer-review, in the areas mentioned in the work plan - 30%;
Work experience in research projects in the areas mentioned in the work plan - 30%;
Experience in engaging with governmental and organizational actors at different levels of jurisdiction (local, national, European), institutions, organizations and producers - 20%.
Key competences: ability to work independently and good communication skills 10
Fluency in English and Portuguese 10%.
- Candidates must demonstrate the required competencies in their curriculum vitae as selection criteria.
- When tied, the best candidates will be interviewed (in person, or remotely). The outcome of the interview is then the only evaluation criterion (basic documentation required).
- If there is no tie, interviews will be held at the discretion of the Evaluation Committee, particularly for top candidates, and the outcome of the interview is then the sole criterion for evaluation.
- If provided, candidates' references may be contacted and may count towards the CV evaluation.
Composition of the Selection Board: Professor Ana Teresa Martins Ferreira de Oliveira (President of the Selection Board), Professor Ana Sofia Rodrigues (member), Professor Manuela Vaz Velho (member), Professor Nuno Vieira e Brito (alternate member) and Professor Paulo Fernandes (alternate member).
Form of publication/notification of results: The evaluation results will be published in the IPVC Portal (www.ipvc.pt) and in the European Commission Portal (euraxess.ec.europa.eu) - results proposed by the jury, minutes and final ranking list. After the notification, the candidates will have 10 working days to comment on the draft decision, in a prior hearing of interested parties, under the terms of the Administrative Procedure Code. The final decision will be taken after the prior hearing period and notified to all candidates by email.
The application period runs from the day of publication for 20 consecutive days.
Applications must be formalized by sending an application letter stating the title and reference of the project, describing the motivation and professional objectives of the candidate, accompanied by the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Motivation letter;
- Copy of academic qualifications certificates;
- Proof of professional experience and other documents that the candidate considers relevant for assessing the technical and scientific merit;
- Updated document proving the professional situation, indicating the nature of the contract, duties, and average annual workload (if applicable), which may be replaced by a declaration of honor if the applicant does not perform any professional activity or rendering of services;
- Letters of recommendation (optional and maximum two);
Applications must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (the following reference BIPD_01_2022_FEAST must be included in the subject of the message)
EURAXESS offer ID: 805948
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.