ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Microeconomics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/08/2022 00:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2022
REFERENCE NUMBERWNE/KK/4/2022 & WNE/KK/5/2022
The Dean of the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Warsaw, with the approval of the Rector of the University of Warsaw, is pleased to announce a competition for the position of Assistant Professor (Adiunkt) in a research-didactic group conducting research and teaching in the field of microeconomics, particularly behavioural and experimental economics, at the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Warsaw.
A place for Researcher and Lecturer:
The hired person will be a part of the team of the Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw - the best research unit in Poland in the field of economics and finance and a university ranked among the top 3% of economic institutions in Europe.
Our researchers represent 25% of the top 200 economic authors in Poland, according to the RePEc ranking, and are currently implementing over sixty national and international research projects, including a prestigious Consolidator Grant funded by the European Research Council.
A team of ten people in the Research and Publications Office of the Faculty supports our Researchers at the stage of preparation, conduct and settlement of research projects.
We are an open, international community, functioning on the basis of dialogue and offering support in research and teaching activities.
The Faculty of Economic Sciences is also an excellent teaching unit, unique in Poland, holding 3 certificates of excellence issued by the Polish Accreditation Committee for all study programs.
The Faculty members teach on the best Polish programme in Economics, the internationally accredited Finance and Accounting studies and the prestigious Informatics and Econometrics programme. The offer of the Faculty also includes specialized English-language programs - highly ranked in international lists: the program "Quantitative Finance" is ranked 12th in the world, "Data Science and Business Analytics" – 1st place in Eastern Europe.
As part of the University of Warsaw, we benefit from the potential of our University. We offer, among others, additional funds for research resulting from the implementation of the strategic programme "Excellence Initiative " and having the status of a Research University. The University's vibrant international cooperation provides an opportunity for its employees to work with scientists from research centres all over the world, e.g. within the 4EU+ Alliance.
Finally, the University of Warsaw is a reliable employer, distinguished with the "HR Excellence in Research" award and offering a friendly working environment. The University has implemented the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct while recruiting employees, and according to the Forbes ranking "Best Employers in Poland 2021" Warsaw University is ranked 1st in the "higher education and science" category.
Stable employment and a wide range of benefits:
- interesting and challenging work;
- large scope of independence and responsibility;
- organizational support on the part of the Faculty’s administration;
- seniority allowance (1% increase of gross remuneration for each year of employment, from the fourth year of employment, max. 20%);
- thirteenth salary;
- full-time employment contract;
- stability of employment at a renowned public university;
- rich social package, including among others:
- subsidies for tourist holidays (so called "under the bushel" or bought in other institutions),
- reduced rates of stays at University holiday centres;
- preferential loans, e.g. for the purchase of a flat and for renovation purposes, financial aid in case of accidents and additional benefits for children;
- the possibility to use a pass for the University's own sports facilities;
- possibility of private health insurance, including family members;
- the offer of FitProfit or FitSport sports and recreation cards allowing access to sport facilities all over Poland;
- possibility of short-term foreign scholarships within the Erasmus+ offer for University’s employees, including training visits in order to improve skills and qualifications needed at work and to exchange experiences on an international scale;
- possibility of using psychological help in the University's own Psychological Help Centre;
- the opportunity to participate in interesting workshops and meetings at various University’s facilities outside Warsaw, e.g. the modern European Centre for Geological Education in Chęciny, the Astronomical Observatory Station in Ostrowik, the Geobotanical Station in Białowieża and others;
- the opportunity to use the University's own nursery;
- the possibility of raising professional competences through participation in trainings and courses, and many other benefits and opportunities associated with employment with a leading employer in Poland.
Candidates applying for the position should submit the following documents within the deadline set out in this announcement:
- an academic curriculum vitae containing information on research and teaching experience and achievements, including education, work experience, publications, research projects;
- a covering letter with the candidate's reasons for applying, including planned research and teaching activities if successful (two A4 pages maximum);
- a signed application to the Rector of the University of Warsaw together with the required declarations (Appendix no. 1).
Please send all of the above in separate files. If a candidate does not submit all of the documents stipulated here within the deadline set out in this announcement, the candidate will be excluded from the competition (exclusion for formal reasons).
Applications will be evaluated by the Faculty Selection Committee. The Faculty reserves the right to respond only to certain applications. The competition may be closed without a selection being made, if there is no candidate who meets the formal requirements and possesses an adequate academic track record.
The competition is the first stage of the employment procedure for an academic teacher, as specified in the Statute of the University of Warsaw. A positive outcome is the required basis for further proceedings.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEconomics: PhD or equivalent
Substantial research activity in the field of economics and finance. Publication of the results in scholarly reputable journals of substantial international standing. Obtaining funding for research projects in grant competitions. In particular, research in the areas of behavioural and experimental economics is expected.
Teaching courses related to microeconomics with a total teaching load of 210 contact hours per year, including classes for 1st and 2nd degree students, BA and MA seminars and/or specialist classes. In particular, the selected candidate is expected to teach courses in the area of microeconomics, including behavioural and experimental economics. The selected candidate will teach courses in Polish and/or English.
Academic organizational activities, including: involvement in the work of selected university and departmental committees and contribution to international scholarly endeavours (editorial and review work, conferences, etc.).
Formal requirements (must have):
- at least a PhD degree in the discipline of economics and finance.
Academic track record (must have):
- substantial research achievements in the discipline of economics and finance, measured predominantly in terms of articles published in reputable journals of substantial international standing;
- substantial research activity (including research funding obtained, research projects led);
- international experience (including international cooperation undertaken);
- teaching experience (preferable experience in conducting classes in the field of microeconomics);
- proficiency level in written and spoken English (C2).
The following will be advantageous:
- other significant achievements (e.g., prizes, awards) and experience (e.g., editorial work for reputable journals of substantial international standing).
Candidates may be invited for an interview (in person or remotely) with the Faculty Selection Committee. Candidates will be contacted individually to schedule such an interview.
EURAXESS offer ID: 805161
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.