ORGANISATION/COMPANYPRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/08/2022 00:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONSaudi Arabia › Riyadh
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
The Energy, Water, and Environment (EWE) lab at Prince Sultan University is seeking a talented postdoctoral researcher in the field of computational materials science focused on the atomic scale.
The candidate is expected to have experience in employing ab-initio methods to calculate and interpret different materials properties such as electronic, mechanical, optical, thermal, and magnetic properties for nano materials and extended systems. The candidate should have experience in ab-initio DFT codes (VASP, abinit, etc) in addition to basic scripting and coding skills. The work will be initially focused on energy and hydrogen storage applications. The candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with experimentalists.
- Recent PhD degree in physics/chemistry/materials science from a reputable institution
- Strong background in computational physics/chemistry/materials science
- Experience with ab-initio methods and codes, in addition to basic coding and scripting skills under the Linux environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Can work independently with a cross-disciplinary team and take responsibility for the progress and quality of the work
- Has the ability to work with challenging/complex projects
- Motivated and active
- Must have published at least 4 papers in reputable journals
Expectations and outcomes:
- Conduct high quality research by applying state-of-the-art computational methods
- Collaborate with the lab members to tackle interesting problems
- Contribute to EWE lab activities and participate actively in seminars, trainings, and workshops
- Establish internal and external collaboration
- Write research proposals and attract fund
- Co-supervise master students (future)
- Publish at least 3 papers per year in top ranked peer-reviewed journals
Position details and benefits:
- The employment will be based on a one-year contract renewable upon mutual agreement up to 4 years.
- PSU offers a competitive salary, housing, health insurance, yearly round-trip ticket.
For additional position details, benefits, and requirements please refer to https://ric.psu.edu.sa/postdoc-researcher-program.php
#PSU_EWE (Use this code in the Email subject when applying)
- Cover letter, including motivation and research experience and skills
- Curriculum vitae including a full list of publications and the contact details of at least two references
- Undergraduate and graduate certificates and transcripts
Note: Due to the high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to proceed further.
To be considered for this position, please download, complete and attach the PSU Application form, with a covering letter in the space below.
EURAXESS offer ID: 802990
Posting organisation offer ID: 298057
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.