RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/09/2022 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Nijmegen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
Are you interested in strengthening relational and critical perspectives on places, spatial relations, and spatial practices? And are you enthusiastic about both research and teaching activities in an academically challenging and inclusive work environment? The Human Geography Chair Group at Radboud University calls for an Assistant Professor (tenure track) specialized in the theme of geographies of spatial justice to tackle all these aspects of the field.
The Human Geography Chair group at Radboud University is looking for an Assistant Professor (tenure track) specialised in geographies of spatial justice. We are seeking engaged committed colleague who will strengthen our relational and critical perspectives on places, spatial relations and spatial practices, in both research and teaching activities. We would particularly welcome candidates who relate, but not limit, questions of spatial justice to the political and economic dimensions of cities and their spatial relations.
You will be expected to contribute to the research and teaching programmes of the Geography Chair group. You will teach and coordinate several courses in the Bachelor's degree programme in Geography, Planning and Environment, including thematic and methodology courses. In addition, you will be involved in teaching activities in various Master's degree specialisations in Geography.
You will conduct disciplinary and transdisciplinary research, publish in acknowledged and relevant academic journals, attract external funding for research projects, supervise PhD projects, and build international networks with academics and societal partners. You will furthermore contribute to general management and coordination tasks of our chair group and department, and in so doing, you will help promote an academically challenging and inclusive work environment.
- It concerns an employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,974 and a maximum of €6,181 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11 or 12).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 6 years with a permanent contract after positive evaluation.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions. You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
You can apply until 5 September 2022, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Dr Joris Schapendonk. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
The first round of interviews will take place on Wednesday 14 September and Thursday 15 September. The second round of interviews will take place on Wednesday 21 September. You would preferably begin employment on 1 November 2022.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure. It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
For questions about the position, please contact Dr Joris Schapendonk, Chair Human Geography at or email@example.com.
Web site for additional job details
- You hold a PhD degree in a relevant social science field (e.g. geography, environmental studies, political science, anthropology, or sociology).
- You have published thematically relevant publications in internationally recognised journals, and you have experience with combining research with societal engagements.
- You have a university teaching qualification.
- You have experience in teaching at both Bachelor's and Master's levels. Teaching expertise in both qualitative and quantitative methods would be an advantage.
- You have a clear research agenda on spatial justice and/or spatial inequalities, preferably linked to the political economy of cities.
- You have excellent English language skills and are willing to learn Dutch (a working knowledge of additional languages would be an advantage).
- You have a proven ability to collaborate in inter- and transdisciplinary teams.
EURAXESS offer ID: 800060
Posting organisation offer ID: 314044
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.