ORGANISATION/COMPANYUNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/07/2022 00:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONAustralia › Adelaide
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
- Based in UniSA Clinical & Health Sciences at the City West campus
- Two full-time, fixed term contracts until 22 December 2023
- Commencement Salary: $90,451 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Lloyd Sansom Chair in Biomaterials Engineering and Nanomedicine, as the Research Associate you will contribute to the research efforts of the Clinical and Health Sciences Academic Unit and will be responsible for academic and industry focused research in the Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry group.
This project is funded by a grant from the SA government to support the expansion of services of the Bioplatforms Australia facility financed by the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS) scheme.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
About UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences
At UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences we are addressing society’s most critical and emerging health needs through quality teaching, learning and research excellence. One of seven Academic Units, UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences offers a wide range of degrees and conducts world-class research in the fields of nursing, midwifery, pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, medical sciences, laboratory medicine, and food and nutrition science with a strong focus on creating positive health outcomes for communities.
Home to UniSA is the Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre and with key research concentrations in the areas of mental health and suicide prevention, nursing and midwifery workforce development, drug discovery, pharmaceutical innovation, health and disease biology, and food nutrition and health, we continue to meet community health needs and contribute to a healthier society.
- Actively engage with researchers and industry partners internationally, nationally and across the University to contribute to new research directions and outcomes
- Drive projects forward, applying project management, supervision, and reporting skills to ensure project success
- Experience in analysis of complex proteomes via tryptic peptides by MALDI TOF and LC-ESI mass spectrometry
- Supervise, train and support postgraduate students, internship students and visiting students
- Prepare refereed journal publications, conference and seminar papers arising from the research
Essential Skills and Experience
- PhD degree in biochemistry, chemistry and/or analytical chemistry, mass spectrometry, or related field.
- Demonstrated laboratory experience in separation sciences, protein biochemistry, metabolomics, proteomics or environmental analysis
- Record of peer reviewed publications and conference presentations commensurate with opportunity
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to initiate, plan and manage projects ensuring milestones are met
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a research team with staff, students and external providers from diverse backgrounds
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address. Only applications lodged via the Working at UniSA portal will be accepted.
Please address your cover letter to Sara Heidrich, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 4183.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 18 July 2022
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
EURAXESS offer ID: 798191
Posting organisation offer ID: 296832
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.