ORGANISATION/COMPANYMedical Universtiy of Vienna
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/08/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2022
The research group of Thomas Vogl (https://scholar.google.at/citations?hl=de&user=jua0UDgAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate) at the Center for Cancer Research at the Medical University of Vienna is looking for a PhD student candidate working on a project at the intersection of immunology, microbiome, and cancer research. We offer a fully funded PhD position with an expected duration of 3 to 4 years.
Our group studies how adaptive immune responses (antibodies in particular) against microbiota modulate human health and how these processes influence the response to cancer treatments. We use high-throughput immunoassays, liquid handling robots, and next generation sequencing to profile patients’ immune systems. These datasets are analyzed by bioinformatics and machine learning methodologies. Building on a novel, massively parallel phage display technology, this project will investigate the role of antibody repertoires against microbiota in cancer.
Start date: 1st of September 2022 (with some flexibility)
- Exciting translational research using cutting edge technologies (functional antibody repertoire profiling using liquid handling robots, microbiome, NGS, machine learning…)
- Multi-national and interdisciplinary open work environment
- State of the art equipment in house
- Outstanding core facilities and lab support services (media kitchen, autoclaving etc.)
- Internationally competitive salary with full benefits
- completed MSc. degree (or soon to be completed) in in molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biotechnology, bioinformatics, or similar fields
- laboratory experience, especially molecular biology/microbiology (PCRs, sterile working etc.)
- experience with immunoassays (ELISAs), microbiome data, next generation sequencing, liquid handling robots, or coding (Python) advantageous (but not required)
- interest to learn about data science & bioinformatics
- good written and oral communication skills in English
- team spirit and independent problem-solving skills
Interested candidates should send their application (motivation letter, CV, contact details of two references, scans of transcripts (including grades) and diplomas) to thomas.vogl[@]aon.at
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
EURAXESS offer ID: 795638
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.