ORGANISATION/COMPANYLuxembourg Institute of Health
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/07/2022 19:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Strassen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/08/2022
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
A postdoctoral position in health technology assessment research is available in the Digital Medicine group (dMed) at the Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH) funded by the interinstitutional PEARL project (jointly with the LCSB and the CHL) of the Fond National de la Recherche (FNR) Luxembourg. The Digital Medicine group headed by the FNR-PEARL Chair Prof. Dr. med. Jochen Klucken focuses on shaping the digital transformation of medicine and innovating personalized digital medical devices and related digital supported healthcare solutions. The successful candidate will work in the dMed group at the LIH and closely collaborate with the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) at the University of Luxembourg and the Centre Hospitalier de Luxembourg (CHL) on research regarding assessment of clinical evidence of digital medical devices and the evidence harmonisation for digital therapeutics and related digital supported healthcare services such as digital supported integrated care networks.
Patient-centred digital healthcare services such as smartphone-based monitoring and management application complement existing healthcare pathways and become a new type of a “digital” healthcare service provider. These digital healthcare applications have the potential to address patients’ needs, continuously monitor and manage individual patient journeys, and provide clinical decision support for the healthcare provider. "Real-world evidence" derived from patient-centered healthcare data becomes available and contributes to assess the medical benefit. Digital therapeutics are at the verge of being reimbursed and integrated into healthcare procedures. The goal of the dMed group is to develop, understand and evaluate this new type of healthcare application in medicine in order to reduce disease burden, improve healthcare and generate innovative solutions and services. Further, the dMed group wants to design and conduct clinical studies in order to provide the clinical and socioeconomic evidence needed for regulatory approval, HTA assessment, pricing and reimbursement. Here, in a multidisciplinary team different aspects of health technology evaluation will be addressed with public and private innovators with a strong focus on harmonization of clinical evidence requirements between national and international regulatory bodies and payers.
Thus, our team is being assembled within the auspices of the Digital Medicine group to address the questions of medical benefit, structural and procedural changes, cost-effectiveness, as well as social acceptance of the resulting digital healthcare services. With the current position offer for a health technology assessment researcher we search for a highly motivated person with a background and/or strong interest in health technology assessment research, health policy & management, public health, digital health systems and HTA-models in European healthcare systems.
You would be expected to contribute to and learn from a multidisciplinary team of researchers, clinicians, modellers, statisticians and economists with regard to developing evidence on digital healthcare services and supporting the evidence harmonisation process for digital therapeutics among Europe. Jointly, we will help develop your profile and existing abilities to write academic publications and reports, and participate actively in international conferences for the dissemination of the results, apply for funding at national/international levels and co-/supervise bachelor, master and PhD students in your field.
- Support research activities on evidence generation of digital therapeutics
- Co-design with the other members of the dMed group clinical studies for evidence generation of effectiveness on the different areas of digital medical devices
- Assist the dMed group in assessment of clinical evidence of digital medical devices in clinical studies
- Collaborate in the European project on digital medical devices clinical evidence harmonisation
- Assist in the coordination, implementation and finalization of the reporting activities of the European consortium led by the digital medicine group
- Liaise with the Luxembourg Health Directorate on digital therapeutics dossiers
- Participate in meetings, seminars and events related to the evidence harmonization of digital therapeutics and related complex integrated care services
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- PhD degree in health policy & management, public health, digital health systems, life sciences, or equivalent
- Knowledge of Health Technology Assessment and related European regulations and processes
- Knowledge and/or experience in the field of digital medicine, digital therapeutics is desirable
- Experience in research activities, reporting or project management will be considered as an asset
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to new tasks (multitasking)
- Experience in the use of common computer software and collaborative on-line platforms
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of English (written and oral).
- Other commonly spoken languages in Luxembourg such as French, Portuguese, German or Luxembourgish would be an added advantage
EURAXESS offer ID: 792664
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.