ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Physiology CAS
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › BiologyBiological sciences › Laboratory animal scienceBiological sciences › OtherMedical sciences › Medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/06/2022 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Prague
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2022
IPHYS Laboratory of Molecular Physiology of Bone
Czech Academy of Sciences
Biomedical Research Campus in Prague, Krč
IPHYS is a leading research institute in the field of normal and pathological physiology. It consists of a number of scientific and service departments and shared equipment for the research (http://www.fgu.cas.cz/en/).
The Laboratory of Molecular Physiology of Bone led by Dr. Michaela Tencerova is focused on studying the physiological role of bone marrow adipose tissue in relation to bone and fat metabolism in metabolic complications (https://www.fgu.cas.cz/en/departments/laboratory-of-molecular-physiology-of-bone).
The research continues work on our previous studies identifying unique metabolic phenotype of bone marrow adipocytes comparing to peripheral adipose tissue in obesity with a focus on specific targets in the regulation of bone marrow homeostasis (Tencerova et al, Cell Reports, 2019; Tencerova et al., Bone Res, 2019; Tencerova et al., JBMR 2018). The successful applicant will work in the international and friendly environment. The research project will include the work with murine and human cellular systems (bone marrow stromal stem cells) and animal transgenic models applying high-throughput methods such as RNA sequencing, metabolomics, lipidomics, and bioenergetics. The research will be conducted in collaboration with prestigious national and international laboratories in USA and Europe and supported by EFSD NovoNordisk grant.
We are recruiting highly motivated scientist on:
Postdoctoral position in Molecular Physiology of Bone
- Independent leading project
- design of experiments and their interpretation
- data analysis
- Learning new methods
- Teamwork, helping colleagues with other projects
- PhD degree (with up to 8 years from PhD) in molecular biology, biochemistry, physiology, medicine, or related disciplines
- Motivation to do science, curiosity and thinking outside of box
- Advanced experience with molecular biology techniques, in vitro cell culture methods, cloning, CRISPR technology, animal work (metabolic assays, drug administration etc.) Basic command of English, PC literacy
- track record of scientific publications, capability of working in international team, great level of English in written and spoken form
- Working in creative international environment
- Competitive salary
- Social benefits (e.g. health insurance, language courses, catering allowance, kindergarten, institutional lodging house)
- 6 weeks holiday + 3 sick days
Expected Appointment Start Date: Negotiable
- Cover Letter
- CV (including the list of publications)
to be sent by the applicant to the contact below by 30. 6. 2022
Contact: Bc. Marcela Tomášková, BBA firstname.lastname@example.org
EURAXESS offer ID: 788844
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.