ORGANISATION/COMPANYFaculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Chemical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/06/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Caparica
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK35
REFERENCE NUMBERLA/P/0008/2020 - LAQV_IA_01_2022
NOVA School of Science and Technology, NOVA University Lisbon | Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Notice of Call for International Competition for
Recruitment of Assistant Researcher (Investigador Auxiliar)
Professor Virgílio António Cruz Machado, Director of the NOVA School of Science and Technology, within the scope of the competences delegated by Order No. 8272/2020, of 26 August, hereby informs that an international call for applications is open, with the internal reference "LAQV_IA_01_2022" for a period of 15 working days, for the recruitment for the research career in a private law regime, under the terms of Regulation No. 393/2018, of 28 June, of one (1) PhD Assistant Researcher in the Area (Bio)chemical Process Engineering in the scope of the project Associated Laboratory for Green Chemistry - Clean Technologies and Processes, project with reference "LA/P/0008/2020", financed by national funds through the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P., under the terms of Regulation no. 872/2019, of 12 November, Decree-Law no. 63/2019, of 16 May, and other applicable national and community legislation.
- Type of employment contract and key legislation
The recruitment of the PhD researcher shall be made by means of a permanent working contract (contrato de trabalho sem termo), for the category of Assistant Researcher (Investigador Auxiliar) carried out under the terms of the Regulations governing careers, recruitment and employment contracts of researchers under employment contracts at the NOVA University of Lisbon - Regulation no. 393/2018, of 28 June.
All matters not set out in this notice shall be governed by Regulation No. 393/2018, of 28 June.
- Main functions, activities and exclusivity
The Assistant Researcher will be responsible for the design, development and execution of scientific research work that is aligned with LAQV-REQUIMTE's strategy and the sustainable objectives of the 2030 Agenda. In this context, the work to be developed should focus on at least one of the following topics: porous functional materials and/or nanomaterials; solvents and alternative reaction media including ionic liquids, eutectic solvents or supercritical fluids; and/or processes in sustainable chemical engineering. The PhD researcher should have proven experience in the development or use of new sustainable materials and solvents, production routes and/or processes for the production of renewable energy and/or sustainable products in the face of the problems of global warming and resource depletion.
The Assistant Researcher shall be recruited under private law and full dedication, which implies the renunciation of the exercise of any public or private remunerated function or activity, including the exercise of a liberal profession, and the rules established in article 52 of the Statute of the Scientific Research Career shall apply.
- Place of work
The Assistant Researcher will work in the premises at Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, located on the Campus de Caparica, in Portugal, and will make all national trips, or abroad, inherent to his/her functions or necessary for the exercise of his/her activity.
- Monthly salary and contract start date
The PhD Researcher(s) will receive a gross monthly remuneration of 3,248.27 euros, based on the 1st salary position in the category of Assistant Researcher under private law, full-time contract with exclusive dedication, in accordance with Annexes I and II of Regulation no. 393/2018, of 28 June, with the salary updates determined by Decree Law no. 10- B/2020, of 20 March and Decree Law no. 109-A/2021, of 7 December.
The contract is expected to start from June 2022, after homologation of the final result of this call and acceptance of the post by the selected researcher.
- Admission requirements
National, foreign and stateless candidates may apply to this competition, holding a PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or related areas, duly registered and/or recognized in Portugal [mandatory requirement], and possessing the following minimum requirements for admissibility:
a. A minimum of 10 years of postdoctoral proven experience in the development or use of porous materials and/or nanomaterials, solvents and alternative reaction media including ionic liquids, eutectic solvents or supercritical fluids; and/or processes in sustainable chemical engineering;
b. Proven experience in the development or use of new materials, production routes and/or processes in the areas mentioned in point 1 of this call for proposals;
c. A minimum scientific productivity of 30 articles indexed in WoS;
d. Proven experience in coordinating or participating in research projects.
Other requirements: Teaching, tutoring and mentoring of students will be valued. A good command of the English language, motivation for research, good working capacity and initiative will be considered essential.
- Evaluation of Applications and Composition of the Jury
Under the terms of Regulation no. 393/2018, of 28 June, the evaluation of the applications will be carried out by a jury and will follow the procedure laid down in articles 16, 18, 19, 20, n.os 1 and 2, 21 to 23, 24, 26 and 27 of the Statute of the Scientific Research Career (ECIC).
In accordance with the provisions of Article 20 of ECIC, the jury has the following composition:
- Presidente/Chairwoman: Maria Teresa Nogueira Leal da Silva Duarte, Full Professor at the Instituto Superior Técnico of the University of Lisbon;
- Vogal/Member: Maria Teresa Nogueira Leal da Silva Duarte, Full Professor at the Instituto Superior Técnico of the University of Lisbon;
- Vogal/Member: Hermínio José Cipriano de Sousa, Associate Professor at the Faculty of Sciences and Technology of the University of Coimbra;
- Vogal/Member: Carlos Manuel Silva, Associate Professor at the University of Aveiro.
- Vogal/Member: Ana Isabel Nobre Martins Aguiar de Oliveira Ricardo, Full Professor, Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa;
- Vogal/Member: Rui Manuel Freitas Oliveira, Associate Professor with Habilitation, Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa;
- Selection criteria
- Scientific production in the subject area of the call for applications (45%); the relevance of the results obtained by the candidate will be considered, with great emphasis on the work indicated by the candidate as his/her most significant contributions to the advancement of knowledge in the area for which the call for applications is open;
- Extension and dissemination activities of scientific knowledge, namely in the organization of courses, seminars and conferences (10%);
- Participation in relevant scientific projects in the subject area of the call for applications (15%); the candidate's previous experience and potential to constructively and effectively coordinate and integrate nationally and internationally funded projects in the subject area of the call for applications will be considered;
- Experience in teaching and advanced training, namely in the supervision of postgraduate students in the scientific area of the call for applications (10%);
- Participation and performance in tasks attributed by the management bodies of the institutions to which they were connected and performance of tasks involving the economic and social valorization of knowledge, namely through community service provision (3%).
- Career development plan, concerning the lines of research in the area for which this competition is open and to which the candidate proposes to devote himself at LAQV (17%); obeying the following requirements: i) Presentation of the main problems to which he intends to devote his future research, contextualizing them in the current state of the art in these areas; ii) Systematized and succinct description of the research strategies that the candidate proposes to adopt, to develop his research and solve or contribute to solving the problems he enunciates; iii) Explanation of the reasons and motivations for his choices. The career development plan must not exceed more than 5 pages of A4 size, written in 12 pt font size.
- Hearing of Interested Parties
The lists of admitted and excluded candidates, as well as the final classification list and ranking of candidates, shall be the object of a hearing of interested parties, in accordance with the provisions of Articles 121 and 122 of the Portuguese Administrative Procedure Code.
- Final Decision
The jury's final deliberation will be homologated by the Director of NOVA School of Science and Technology who is also responsible for deciding on the hiring.
The list of admitted and excluded candidates and the final ranking list will be published in the Chemistry Department of FCTNOVA in a visible place and sent by e-mail, with receipt of delivery, to all candidates.
- Submission of Applications
Applications must be submitted between May 20, 2022 and June 14, 2022, by sending, by email to email@example.com, a single PDF file containing the following documents, written in Portuguese or English:
- Application, using the form available at https://www.fct.unl.pt/en/faculdade/concursos/investigadores;
- PhD certificate;
- Short CV (max. five pages) with attached list of publications indicating the publications the applicant considers most significant;
- Career development plan (max. five A4 pages).
The candidate must organise his/her Curriculum Vitae in such a way as to respond separately to each of the criteria set out in 6. and, under penalty of exclusion, identify and justify, among the works produced by him/her, which three to five he/she considers to be the most significant contributions to the advancement of knowledge in the area or areas for which this competition is open.
- Policy of non-discrimination and equal access
NOVA School of Science and Technology actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, whereby no candidate may be benefited, prejudiced or deprived of any duty on the basis of ancestry, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, religion or political convictions.
In accordance with the RGPD - General Data Protection Regulation, the data collected will be processed exclusively for the processing of the application.
- Probationary period
The Assistant Researcher recruited under the scope of this competition has a probationary period of three years, which ends with the favourable opinion referred to in article 39 of the Statute of the Career of Scientific Research, and provided that he/she has a performance evaluation above a level defined for that purpose.
- It is the responsibility of the Jury of this competition to decide on its processing and on any doubts and complaints, in the light of Regulation no. 393/2018, of 28 June, and of the applicable provisions of the Administrative Procedure Code (Decree-Law no. 4/2015, of 7 January, updated by Law no. 72/2020, of 16 November).
- For interpretative purposes, in case of doubt, the text of the notice published in Portuguese shall prevail over the notice published in English.
NOVA School of Science and Technology, May 20, 2022
EURAXESS offer ID: 787877
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.