ORGANISATION/COMPANYCenter for International Studies; Iscte - University Institute of Lisbon
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisbon
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK40
There is an open call for applications for one Research Grant (BI - Bolsa de Investigação) hosted at the Centre for International Studies at the Iscte - University Institute of Lisbon (CEI-Iscte), in partnership with the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria and the Centre for African Studies at the University of Porto, in the framework of the Project "Perfil do Estudante dos PALOP nas IES em Portugal: caracterização, expectativas e constrangimentos (Profile of the PALOP student in Portuguese HEIs: characterization, expectations and constraints), funded by national funds through Camões, I.P..
Research workplan: To carry out scientific research and to support the implementation of the project "Profile of the PALOP student in Portuguese higher education institutions: characterisation, expectations and constraints". In particular, the following tasks will be developed: identification and processing of relevant data; conducting interviews; transcription of interviews; preparation of a publication; preparation of a conference; presentation of results
The selection methods to be used will be the following:
- Curriculum evaluation - 40%.
- Previous proven experience in a work environment - 20%.
- Evaluation of writing skills and motivation letter - 20%.
- Proficiency in English and knowledge of language(s) - 5%.
- Familiarity with the subject - 15%.
The best classified candidates will be called for an interview in a second phase.
In this second phase, the final classification will be obtained by weighting the first phase classification by 60% and the interview by 40%.
The grant will have a duration of 6 months, possibly renewable, and is expected to begin in June 2022. The grant contract may be renewed up to the maximum limit provided for in the Research Grants Regulations.
In accordance with number 1 and 2 of Article 6 of the FCT Research Grants Regulations (Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da FCT), the Research Grant (BI) is intended for R&D activities carried out by students with a Bachelor or Master's degree who are enrolled, or in conditions to enrol, in a study plan leading to a degree or in a course not granting an academic degree.
The admission requirements are also the following:
- A Bachelor or Master's degree in International Studies, African Studies or other Social Sciences.
- Excellent written and oral expression skills, including English.
- Solid computer skills in user's perspective, good knowledge of Office programmes, in particular Word and Excel
- Familiarity with the subject matter will be a positive factor
Under penalty of not being admitted to the competition, the following documents must be attached to the application
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates of academic qualifications, specifying the final classification
- Motivation letter.
EURAXESS offer ID: 786160
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.