ORGANISATION/COMPANYARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação Tecnologia e Inovação
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE07/06/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Funchal
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2022
A call is open for 1 (one) research assistant of ARDITI (Funchal, Portugal), under the Project GIAQ – Gestão Inteligente de Água Quente (PROCiência 2020/M1420-01-0247-FEDER-000068), under the following conditions:
Applications closing date: 07-06-2022
Expected start date: 01-07-2022
Duration: 12 months
Monthly stipend: 1144,64€
Job country: Portugal
Job city: Funchal
Job company/institute: ARDITI
Workplace: Intellibuild – Digitalização de Edifícios, Lda.
Main research field: Modelling management of DHW Systems
The problem of producing domestic hot water is of particular importance in the tourist accommodation sectors, due to its cost and because it requires two types of resources in its delivery – energy and water. Notably, hotels are buildings with a significant ecological footprint and where concerns about energy consumption, sustainability and the reduction of carbon emissions increasingly dominate the daily action and strategic plans of companies that manage this type of infrastructure.
Recent technological developments have made it possible to make domestic hot water production systems more efficient, through solutions such as heat pumps for heating, reuse of heat rejected by air conditioning, photovoltaic panels and others, seeking to reduce monetary and environmental costs. However, the production and delivery of DHW needs technological advances that allow the intelligent integration of all these systems for a significant optimization.
The company Intellibuild - Digitalização de Edifícios, Lda has developed a platform for the remote management of building systems, allowing the acquisition of building data and the creation of data models that allow to obtain information about the use of the systems and possible improvements in their performance, as well as command and remote control of the systems either manually or through automatisms.
In this context, the GIAQ (Gestão Inteligente de Água Quente) project, to be developed in co-promotion with UMa within the scope of PROCIÊNCIA 2020, aims to create an intelligent management platform for domestic hot water management systems in service buildings. This project will have a component linked to Computer Engineering (Prof. Leonel Nóbrega) dedicated to the data collection and processing platform and another component linked to Civil/Mechanical Engineering (Prof. José Santos) dedicated to modelling the management of DHW.
The researcher will collaborate in:
- - In activities to model the thermodynamic functioning of DHW systems and buildings.
Candidates should meet the following requirements, skills, and competences:
- Enrollment in a master's (2nd cycle) or doctoral (3rd cycle) course.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or Civil Engineering, or Electronics Engineering.
- Experience in development in C++ and/or Python languages.
- Experience in DHW systems, building thermal and thermodynamic systems.
The work will be conducted in the company Intellibuild – Digitalização de Edifícios, Lda (Funchal, Portugal), under the supervision of Prof. José Santos.
The scholarship will have a length of 12 months, with an expected start date of July 1st, 2022.
The student will receive a stipend of 1144,64€/month (or 875,98€/month if not concluded the master’s course), free of taxes. ARDITI stipends and regulations are determined by ARDITI
This project has received funding from the PROCiência 2020, Sistema de Incentivos à Produção de Conhecimento Científico e Tecnológico of Região Autónoma da Madeira.
How to apply:
Candidates must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 07-06-2022. The subject of the email should be: ARDITI-GIAQ/2022/002-BI.
The following elements should be attached to the email:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter, explaining how the candidature fulfils the application requirements.
- Proof of enrolment on a master's or doctoral course.
- Graduation certificate (1st cycle).
- List of completed course units (bachelor and master) and respective grades.
- List of projects (or previous experience) in the area (optional).
The curricular selection process will be assessed (in a scale of 0 to 20 values), based on:
- Average grade of the completed courses and experience in the area of programming (25%).
- Average grade of the completed courses and experience in the area of thermodynamics and building thermodynamics (25%).
- Final grade of the previous degree (25%).
- Motivation to work in the project (25%).
The selection panel may interview the 3 first classified candidates by videoconference. The interview evaluation is expressed on a numerical scale from 0 to 20 values.
In the case of an interview, a weighting factor of 80% is assigned to the grade of the curricular path evaluation, and a weighting factor of 20% to the interview grade.
- President: Doctor José Santos, Professor at the University of Madeira
- Member of the Jury: Doctor Leonel Nóbrega, Professor at the University of Madeira
- Member of the Jury: Eng. Diogo Drumond, CEO da Intellibuild
Notification of results:
The candidates will be notified by email.
- The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
- ARDITI is a recognized “refugee welcoming organisation" by the European Commission and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
EURAXESS offer ID: 785981
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.