ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Antwerp
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/08/2022 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Antwerp
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Bioscience Engineering in the Faculty of Sciences is looking for 2 full-time:
doctoral scholarship holders in the field of bioscience engineering
- You will work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis in the field of bioscience engineering.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You will carry out a limited number of teaching, research and service support tasks for the Department of Bioscience engineering.
- You hold a Master degree in Bio-engineering or Sciences, or a degree in connection to the research lines in the department. Candidates that obtain their master degree before the start of the scholarship can also apply.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty, university research policies and the department of Bioscience engineering.
- You are a motivated person, willing to show commitment for a doctoral project, and to apply for an external fellowship (e.g., FWO strategic research fellowships 2023).
- You can communicate fluently in English and Dutch.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You show a pronounced interest in the research of one of the research groups, or research linked to two research groups, of the Bioscience engineering department at the University of Antwerp.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed once for another two-year period.
- The planned start date is 1 November 2022.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will receive ecocheques, internet-connectivity allowance and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- You will do most of your work at campus Groenenborger in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 15 August 2022 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter, your academic CV and a statement that you are willing to look for additional funding.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The further selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place in September 2022.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact prof. dr. ir. Siegfried Vlaeminck, tel. 03/265.36.89, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
EURAXESS offer ID: 785136
Posting organisation offer ID: 179518
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.