ORGANISATION/COMPANYNova School of Business and Economics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/05/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisbon
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
NOTICE OF THE OPENING OF THE INTERNATIONAL SELECTION COMPETITION PROCEDURE FOR THE HIRING OF A RESEARCH ASSISTANT UNDER REGULATION 393/2018 OF JUNE 28
- Call identification:
This call, for a position of research assistant to carry out scientific research activities, in the scientific areas of Finance, in an employment contract for an indefinite period under the Portuguese Labour Code is raised, under the Regulation on careers, the recruitment and employment contracts of researchers under the employment contract regime of Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Regulation 393/2018, of 28 June, for the Project “Financial Constraints, Public Policies and Firm Outcomes” with reference PTDC/EGE-OGE/4714/2021.
- The decision to open this call was taken at a meeting of the Coordinating Committee of the Scientific Council of the Faculty of Economics – Nova School of Business and Economics.
- No admission for lack of absolute merit
Candidates who, on a rating scale between 0 and 100 of the respective ranking criteria, do not obtain 50 will not be admitted to the competition due to lack of absolute merit.
- Applicable legislation
The hiring of the Research Assistant will be carried out through an uncertain resolution term, to be concluded under the terms of the Labor Code, approved by Law no. 7/2009, of 12 February, in its current wording and by Regulation no. 393/2018 published in Diário da República no. 123, 2nd series of June 28, 2018. In accordance with article 12 of Regulation no. 393/2018, the call’s Jury has the following member composition:
- Miguel Ferreira, as President
- Francisco Queiró
- Cátia Batista
- The workplace is located on the facilities of the Faculty of Economics/School of Business and Economics, without prejudice to travel inherent to the exercise of functions.
- The monthly remuneration to be attributed to the Research Assistant is that provided for at the level 45A, 5th position of the table annexed to Regulation No. 393/2018, in exclusivity in the amount of €2 779,27.
- National, foreign and stateless candidates who hold the degree of Master in Finance or related. If the master's degree has been awarded by a foreign higher education institution, it must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law No. candidacy.
- The special requirements for admission to competition are those defined in the previous point.
- The selection of the Research Assistant to be hired will be carried out through the evaluation of their scientific and curricular path, in accordance with Article 37(1) of Decree-Law No. 124/99 of 20 April, which approves Scientific Research Career Statute and Regulation No. 393/2018 published in Diário da República No. 123, 2nd Series of June 28, 2018, with the following selection criteria:
- Master in Finance
- Experience in public policy evaluation
The jury may choose to include, as a second selection method, an Interview, which is exclusively intended to clarify aspects related to the candidates' experience, with a weight of 20%. All candidates, approved on absolute merit, are subject to the evaluation of the scientific and curricular path to be carried out according to the criteria and weightings defined in point “CV Evaluation”. However, they will only be admitted to the Interview, if the jury decides to resort to it, and the 2 approved candidates and best positioned in the ranking resulting from the evaluation of the scientific and curricular path are ranked in it.
- The final classification system for candidates is expressed on a scale from 0 to 100, according to the following evaluation table:
Experience in Public Policy Evaluation
Having an interview, this will weight 20%, and the criterion “CV Evaluation”, 60%.
- The chosen person will perform, at least, the following tasks:
- Collaboration in research about link between government-banks-firms
- Collaboration in research about effect of education on firm performance
- The jury decides through nominal voting based on the adopted and published selection criteria, with no abstentions allowed.
- Minutes of the jury meetings are drawn up containing a summary of what took place there, as well as the votes cast by each of the members and the respective reasons, being made available to candidates whenever requested.
- After completing the application of the selection criteria, the jury proceeds to draw up the ordered list of candidates with their respective classification.
- The final decision of the jury is approved by the top manager of the institution, who is also responsible for deciding on the hiring.
- Formalization of nominations:
- Applications are formalized upon request, available on the website of the Faculty of Economics/School of Business and Economics (https://www2.novasbe.unl.pt/en/about-us/join-our-school) addressed to the Director, which includes the identification of this notice, full name, affiliation, identity card number and date, Citizen's card, or civil identification number, tax identification number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including email address and telephone number.
- The application is accompanied by proof of the conditions set out in points 10 and 12 for admission to this competition, namely:
- Copy of certificate or diploma;
- Detailed CV;
- Other relevant documents.
- Candidates submit their requirements and supporting documents, preferably in digital format, in PDF format, to the email address email@example.com , in person at the support service for teachers of the Faculty of Economics / School of Business and Economics, Campus de Carcavelos, Rua da Holanda, nº1, 2775-405 Carcavelos, during office hours, or by post to the same address. When sent by post, the mail must be registered, with acknowledgment of receipt, sent by the last day of the deadline for opening the tender, which is set at 15 business days after the publication of this notice.
- Candidates who incorrectly formalize their application or who do not meet the requirements required in this competition are excluded from admission to the competition. The jury has the right to require any candidate, in case of doubt, to present documents proving their statements.
- False statements made by candidates will be punished in accordance with the law.
- The list of admitted and excluded candidates as well as the final classification list are posted on the premises located at the Campus de Carcavelos, Rua da Holanda, nº 1, 2775-405 Carcavelos, published on the websites of Universidade Nova de Lisboa and the Faculty of Economics. / School of Business and Economics, candidates being notified by email with receipt of delivery of the notification.
- Prior hearing and deadline for Final Decision: Under the terms of article 121 of the Administrative Procedure Code, after being notified, candidates have 10 working days to comment. Within a maximum period of 10 days from the deadline for the submission of indictments, the final decisions of the jury are made.
- This competition is exclusively intended to fill the vacancy indicated and may be terminated until the approval of the final ranking list of candidates and expiring with the respective occupation of the job on offer.
- Policy of non-discrimination and equal access: Universidade Nova de Lisboa actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access, so that no candidate can be privileged, disadvantaged or deprived of any right or exempt from any duty on grounds, in particular, of ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic situation, education, origin or social condition, genetic heritage, ability work, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic or racial origin, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological beliefs and trade union membership.
- Pursuant to Decree-Law nº 29/2001, of February 3, candidates with disabilities have preference in equality of classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare on the application form, under oath, the respective degree of disability, the type of disability and the means of communication/expression to be used in the selection process, in accordance with the aforementioned diploma.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 781862
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.