ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tartu
RESEARCH FIELDPsychological sciences › Psychology
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/06/2022 18:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2023
- Organizing and conducting studies at a methodically high and modern level in the field of personality psychology.
- Supervising students, especially at the master's and doctoral level, ensuring academic succession.
- Management of research activities in the field of personality psychology and supervision of project collaborators, securing the necessary resources for research.
- Research at an international level in the volume of at least two doctoral theses in five years.
- Participation in international research organization activities, including participation in research cooperation networks, editing of scientific publications, work as an expert in foreign institutions, organization of international research conferences.
- Activities related to the management and development of the university, including participation in the university's decision-making bodies.
- Participation in professional organizations, application of professional knowledge for the benefit of the society and societal activities for the promotion of the profession.
- Development activities and self-improvement in all the areas listed above.
More information: job description.
PhD or an equivalent qualification
More information: requirements for teaching and research staff.
- Ability to organize and conduct studies in the field of personality psychology at all levels of higher education.
- Previous teaching experience in the field of personality psychology, including effective supervision of master's and doctoral students.
- Knowledge of modern teaching aids and methods, experience in compiling teaching aids and materials for use in higher education.
- Ability to direct research activities in the field of personality psychology, to lead a research group and supervise academic staff. Experience in team or project management.
- International-level professional research in the volume of at least three doctoral theses, including at least 1.5 doctoral theses in the last five years.
- Success in applying for research funding and responsibility in fulfilling research-related contracts over the last five years.
- International experience, ie obtaining a doctoral degree or equivalent abroad, postgraduate studies, continuing professional development, managing a large-scale international cooperation project or active professional activity in a foreign academic institution, influential company or international organization.
- Participation in the work of the international community in the field of personality psychology, including participation in the work of professional societies or international research projects, participation in the editing of scientific publications, work as an expert in foreign institutions, organization of international scientific conferences.
- Experience in applying and popularizing theoretical knowledge.
Excellent English skills for communication in the academic community. Estonian is recommended but not required. According to the Language Act, academic staff with foreign citizenship working in Estonia must have acquired at least B1-level Estonian language skills after five years of work. The Centre for Professional Development offers foreigners and their family members the opportunity to participate in Estonian language courses.
More information: UT salary rules.
Kairi Kreegipuu, Professor of Experimental Psychology, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 781369
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.