ORGANISATION/COMPANYThe International Institute of Molecular Mechanisms and Machines Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/06/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2022
REFERENCE NUMBERPhD Student Sonata Bis 11 AMa 05 2022
PhD in the Laboratory of Molecular OncoSignalling
Position in the project: PhD student
Scientific discipline: cancer biology
Job type: scholarship
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration amount/month: 5000 PLN total cost (3800 PLN net)/month
Position starts: 1 October 2022
Maximum period of contract: 4 years
Project leader: Dr Anna Marusiak
Project title: “Investigation of the MLK4 biology in breast cancer and search for new therapeutic strategies using innovative PROTAC compounds”
Project is carried out within the “Sonata Bis” programme of the National Science Centre.
MLK4 is a serine/threonine kinase that plays a vital role in cellular processes, including proliferation, differentiation, and migration of cells. We have recently proven that MLK4 is highly expressed in breast carcinoma and that it contributes to the invasive phenotype of breast cancer cells. In our new project, we will evaluate the molecular mechanisms of MLK4 action and look for ways of MLK4 inhibition.
Key responsibilities of candidates:
1. Perform experiments using biochemical, structural and molecular biology techniques (independently and in collaboration with other team members);
2. Participate in experimental design and data analysis;
3. Participate in the data preparation and writing of manuscripts;
4. Actively participate in lab meetings, scientific seminars and conferences.
Requirements of candidates:
1. MSc degree (or equivalent) in molecular biology, biophysics, biochemistry or related fields of life sciences (or perspective of obtaining one);
2. Solid knowledge and familiarity with laboratory techniques in at least one of the following disciplines: molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, transcriptomics,
3. Very good command of English,
4. Motivation and passion for experimental work.
1. Work in a young, active, team in an excellent scientific environment;
2. Comprehensive training in biochemistry and molecular biology;
3. Access to the state-of-the-art equipment and facilities;
4. Participation in courses and conferences.
Application deadline: 03 Jun 2022
1. Motivation letter;
2. CV with a list of publications and conferences attended;
3. One letter of support from an academic supervisor.
Please apply by filling in this form: https://forms.gle/c6dJDKYmkYytDM7b9
EURAXESS offer ID: 780716
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.