ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitut Pasteur de Lille
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Organic chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/05/2022 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › lille
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/06/2022
Drugs and molecules for Living Systems– U1177 – Inserm-Institut Pasteur de Lille –Université de Lille – Lille, France
The research team Drugs and Molecules for Living Systems, (INSERM, Institut Pasteur de Lille and University of Lille), specialized in drug discovery, medicinal chemistry, screening and pharmacokinetics (www.deprezlab.fr) is offering a 18-month postdoc position.
The candidate will be recruited by The Institut Pasteur de Lille in our laboratory that gathers chemists and biologists to design new drugs in an inspiring and stimulating environment.
The aim is to design, synthesize and perform multiparametric optimization of inhibitors of the protease 3CL of the coronavirus SARS-CoV2.
- Design & synthesis of 3CLpro inhibitors
- Multiparametric optimization & Interpretation of biological and ADME results (SAR)
- Writing of ELN, of protocols, Reagents ordering
- Preparation/ writing of publications, posters, oral communication
- Participation to shared lab tasks
- Mentoring and supervising students
- Experience with multi step synthesis
- Experience with multiparametric optimization
- Good knowledge of medicinal chemistry
- Experience in using modern analytic instrumentation, including running and interpretation of NMR-spectra (1D and 2D) and also Mass-spectrometry
- Experience in specialized softwares and databases, ELNs, Biovia Draw or Chem Draw, Reaxys or SciFinder, Pubmed
- Experience in molecular modeling particularly in docking simulations (MOE or Pymol) would be a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Publication writing skills
- Good command of both oral and written English
In order to achieve success in the research, the candidate should demonstrate rigor, creativity, initiative, and excellent team work.
Required degree and experience:
- a PhD in organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry
- a minimum of 1 year postdoc experience in medicinal chemistry
EURAXESS offer ID: 777881
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.