ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Wroclaw
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/05/2022 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › 50-137 Wrocław
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKTbd
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2022
University of Wrocław
invites applications for the 4 positions of assistant professor or assistant at the Mathematical Institute of Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
Competition number 25.IM.WMI of April, 4 2022
Organizing unit: Mathematical Institute, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
Position: assistant professor or assistant
Type of position: research and teaching
Fields of science: Natural Sciences, discipline of science: Mathematics
Number of positions: 4
Type of contract: employment contract (for a maximum of four years), with a possibility of an extension of the employment contract
Working hours: full-time position
Deadline for applications: May, 4 2022.
Anticipated competition settlement date: June, 30 2022.
Anticipated work starting date: October, 1 2022.
The eligible candidates must meet the statutory requirements defined in the Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (JoL, 2018, item 1668 as amended) and the Statute of the University of Wrocław.
The tasks include:
The duties of a person employed as assistant professor or assistant will include: conducting research, applying funds for research, teaching, participating in organizational work at the Faculty and the University.
Application requirements from the candidates for the assistant professor position:
1. Doctoral or post-doctoral degree in Mathematics.
2. Research achievements published in very good mathematical journals.
3. The scientific activity after obtaining the PhD degree, indicating perspectives for obtaining habilitation.
4. Activity in applying for grants will be highly assessed.
5. Fluency in English, at least B2 level.
Application requirements from the candidates for the assistant position:
1. Higher education, at least the Master degree.
2. Documented research achievements ( PhD thesis or its part, reviews of the thesis or opinions on the degree of its completeness, published articles, information on the articles accepted for publication).
3. A candidate without the PhD degree should provide the PhD supervisor opinion stating when the thesis has been (or will be) submitted.
4. Fluency in English, at least B2 level.
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter addressed to the Rector of the University of Wrocław
- Personal data form (https://uni.wroc.pl/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/PERSONAL-DATA-FORM-FOR-EM...).
- A copy of PhD (in the case of assistant professor’s position) or MSc diploma (in the case of assistant’s position).
- A statement that the University of Wrocław will be the candidate primary place of work in the case of winning the competition (https://uni.wroc.pl/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Workplace-statement-UWr_eng.pdf).
- Declaration of the discipline in which the candidate will conduct research, and in the case of people conducting research in more than one discipline, the percentage of their involvement in each of these disciplines (https://uni.wroc.pl/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Scientific-discipline-declaration-UWr_eng.pdf).
- Self-presentation clearly indicating the candidate achievements, referring separately to the criterion of scientific activity, the criterion of internationalization, the criterion of organizational activity and the criterion of didactic activity.
- In case of candidates who have been already employed as an assistant professor, a research plan should be attached, related to the perspectives of obtaining habilitation.
- A list of publications from a period no longer than 10 years.
- Electronic versions of the two most important publications which are considered to be representative of the candidate academic achievements.
- List of names and e-mail addresses of persons to whom additional opinions about the candidate may be requested. Additional opinions of reviewers will be treated as confidential, i.e. available only to members of the Employment Commission.
- At least two recommendation letters; from scholars with a post-doctoral degree or the professor title or, in the case of candidates from a country other than Poland, holding positions equivalent to a post-doctoral degree or the professor title, specializing in the field within the candidate area of interest or related thereto. The recommendation letters should be sent by e-mail directly to the Commission Chairman at the following e-mail address: Tomasz.Jurdzinski@uwr.edu.pl, and not be seen by the candidate. The letters are overt only to the Commission members while the candidates abandon the right of access to these letters.
In case of questions concerning required documentation please contact the Vice Chairman of the Commission Professor Grzegorz Karch at Grzegorz.Karch@uwr.edu.pl
CV should include the following note: I consent, within the meaning of Articles 4 and 7 of RODO, i.e. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Official Journal of the EU L of 4.05.2016, pp. 1-88), to the processing of my personal data by the University of Wroclaw, pl. Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wroclaw, for the purpose of recruitment for employment at the University of Wroclaw. I am aware that the consent given may be withdrawn at any time in a manner appropriate to its giving.
All documents should be signed by the candidate.
All the documents should be send only in electronic form to the following address: email@example.com with the subject of the message: “assistant professor IM WMI ".or “assistant IM WMI”.
- The University of Wrocław reserves the right to contact only selected candidates.
- Selected candidates may be required to undergo an interview by means of electronic communication allowing audio and video transmission.
- The University of Wrocław reserves the right to close the competition without selecting a candidate.
- The University of Wrocław reserves the right to cancel the competition.
- The University of Wrocław does not provide housing.
Information clause for people participating in the recruitment process:
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the European Union of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, RODO), we inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the University of Wrocław based in Wrocław, pl. Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wrocław, hereinafter referred to as the Administrator.
- The Data Protection Officer at the University of Wrocław is dr Krzysztof Ziemba, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of recruitment to work at the University of Wrocław. The legal basis for processing your personal data is Article 22 section1 of the Polish Labour Code, Article 119 of the Higher Education and Science Act and your consent.
- Your personal data will not be made available to other recipients, with the exception of entities with which the controller has entered into appropriate agreements for the entrustment of processing and cases provided for by law.
- Your data will be stored for the duration of the recruitment process, not longer than 12 months from the date of your application.
- You have the right to:
- withdraw consent to the processing of personal data, without affecting the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal,
- demand from the Administrator access to their personal data, rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of personal data, data portability, however these rights may be restricted by a specific legal provision,
- make a complaint to the supervisory authority – the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Providing personal data is voluntary, however, failure to provide data such as: first name(s) and surname, date of birth, place of residence (correspondence address), will result in inability to participate in the recruitment process.
More about the employer:
The University of Wrocław is among the largest and bests Polish universities, teaching more than 250 thousand students and employing about 2000 scientists (https://uni.wroc.pl/en/). The Wrocław city is a large, open and continuously developing city well communicated (airport, railways) with the world (https://www.wroclaw.pl/en/).
EURAXESS offer ID: 767323
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.