ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Wroclaw
RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/05/2022 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › 50-137 Wrocław
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKTbd
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2022
University of Wrocław invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor at the Department of Dutch Linguistics of the Erasmus of Rotterdam Chair of Dutch Studies at the Faculty of Letters
Competition number 21.2022.KFN.WF of March 30, 2022
Faculty: Faculty of Letters
Position: Assistant Professor
Type of position: research and teaching
Discipline/research field: human sciences/linguistics
Application deadline: 5 May 2022
Competition results due on: 30 June 2022
Job starts on: 1 October 2022
Type of contract: full-time
The eligible candidates must meet the statutory requirements defined in the Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (JoL, 2018, item 1668 as amended) and the Statute of the University of Wrocław.
The candidates must:
- Hold a PhD degree in the human sciences or an MA degree in Dutch Studies.
- Have research experience confirmed by publications in journals included in the list of the Polish Ministry of Education and Science and demonstrating the candidate’s interdisciplinary research interests.
- Have experience in teaching courses to university students.
- Speak fluent Dutch (C1-C2) or be native speakers of Dutch.
- Have a command of Polish sufficient for effective communication in teaching and academic settings.
- As additional criteria related to the goals of the Department of Dutch Linguistics and the needs of the Chair of Dutch Studies, the Competition Board will also consider research interest in the Dutch language across its varieties, experience in organizing scholarly and outreach events and the B2-level command of English.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Teaching courses to students.
- Conducting research, publishing in scholarly journals, reading papers at conferences, applying for research grants and internships, involvement in the implementation of research grants, and reviewing publications and theses.
- Contribution to the work of the University’s collegiate bodies, admission boards and examination boards.
- Organising and taking part in scholarly and cultural events held by the Chair of Dutch Studies and the Faculty of Letters and participating in the University’s promotional campaigns.
The applications must be submitted complete with:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Personal questionnaire of the job applicant (https://uni.wroc.pl/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/PERSONAL-DATA-FORM-FOR-EMPLOYMENT-APPLICANT_eng.pdf).
- Photocopy of the PhD or MA credentials.
- Declaration that, in the event of winning the competition, the University of Wrocław will be the candidate’s primary place of employment (https://uni.wroc.pl/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Workplace-statement-UWr_eng.pdf)
- Statement of the discipline in which the candidate will do research or, for candidates doing research in more than one discipline, the proportion of each of them in their total research (https://uni.wroc.pl/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Scientific-discipline-declaration-UWr_eng.pdf
- Personal account of the candidate’s experience explicitly indicating that the candidate meets the requirements listed above, separately addressing the criterion of scholarship, the criterion of internationalisation, the criterion of organisational work and the criterion of teaching.
- List of publications for the last ten years.
- Electronic versions of the candidate’s two most important publications representative of their research, or explanation why they are missing, whereby the Head of the Competition Board reserves the right to request the candidate to submit all or selected publications and/or other documents.
- Cover letter with job application addressed to the Rector of the University of Wrocław.
CV should include the following note: I consent, within the meaning of Articles 4 and 7 of RODO, i.e. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Official Journal of the EU L of 4.05.2016, pp. 1-88), to the processing of my personal data by the University of Wrocław, pl. Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wrocław, for the purpose of recruitment for employment at the University of Wrocław. I am aware that the consent given may be withdrawn at any time in a manner appropriate to its giving.
All the documents must be e-mailed to email@example.com, with the heading “Assistant KFN”.
- The University of Wrocław reserves the right to contact only selected candidates.
- Selected candidates may be required to undergo an interview by means of electronic communication allowing audio and video transmission.
- The University of Wrocław reserves the right to close the competition without selecting a candidate.
- The University of Wrocław reserves the right to cancel the competition.
- The University of Wrocław does not provide housing.
Information clause for people participating in the recruitment process:
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the European Union of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, RODO), we inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the University of Wrocław based in Wrocław, pl. Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wrocław, hereinafter referred to as the Administrator.
- The Data Protection Officer at the University of Wrocław is dr Krzysztof Ziemba, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of recruitment to work at the University of Wrocław. The legal basis for processing your personal data is Article 22 section1 of the Polish Labour Code, Article 119 of the Higher Education and Science Act and your consent.
- Your personal data will not be made available to other recipients, with the exception of entities with which the controller has entered into appropriate agreements for the entrustment of processing and cases provided for by law.
- Your data will be stored for the duration of the recruitment process, not longer than 12 months from the date of your application.
- You have the right to:
- withdraw consent to the processing of personal data, without affecting the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal,
- demand from the Administrator access to their personal data, rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of personal data, data portability, however these rights may be restricted by a specific legal provision,
- make a complaint to the supervisory authority – the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Providing personal data is voluntary, however, failure to provide data such as: first name(s) and surname, date of birth, place of residence (correspondence address), will result in inability to participate in the recruitment process.
More about the employer:
The University of Wrocław is among the largest and bests Polish universities, teaching more than 250 thousand students and employing about 2000 scientists (https://uni.wroc.pl/en/). The Wrocław city is a large, open and continuously developing city well communicated (airport, railways) with the world (https://www.wroclaw.pl/en/).
REQUIRED LANGUAGESDUTCH: ExcellentPOLISH: Good
EURAXESS offer ID: 765026
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.