ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversidade de Coimbra
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/04/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Coimbra
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
University of Coimbra opens a call for two research fellowships, in the framework of the project “COMMEMORtis” reference: EXPL/HAR-HIS/0532/2021, with the title “COMMEMORtis - What survives after death? Parish communities and death commemoration strategies in the medieval city”,, financed through the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology I.P./MCTES by national funds (PIDDAC)in the following conditions:
Scientific area: History of the Middle Ages.
Skills/Qualifications/Admission requirements: Graduated (bachelor degree) in History, Art History, Archaeology or related areas enrolled in a Master’s course in History or related areas. Candidate must be registered in a Master’s course on the starting date of the fellowship in History or related area.
Although the recipients must be enrolled in a cycle of studies leading to the attribution of an academic, at the time of application it is not necessary for the candidate to have made such an enrollment, and proof of enrollment must be presented until the fellowship is contractualized. Candidates are only required to meet the requirements to enroll in the training offer. If there are candidates already enrolled (including attending a course), they compete on an equal footing with those who are not enrolled.
Work plan/ Objectives: Each research fellow will develop operational research techniques according to the following general tasks:
1. Read and collect data from the documentary corpus (manuscript and published medieval sources) of the research project; 2
. Construct of a database, with data collected from the documentary corpus (manuscript and published medieval sources) of the research project, using Timelink information system;
3. Writing a Master’s these using the Timelink information system, constructed with data from the documentary corpus (manuscript and published medieval sources) of the research project;
4. Attending and participate in all the Dissemination of knowledge activities organized by the project team;
5. Participate in the organization of the Dissemination of knowledge activities of the project .
Regime: The attribution of the fellowship does not generate or entitle a relation of a legallabour nature, and the fellowship is undertaken in an exclusive dedication regime. The fellowship holder is awarded the Fellowship Statute of the UC, in its current wording, according to the Research Fellowship Holder Statute , and according to the Regulation for Research Fellowships of the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P., both in their current wording.
Location: Faculty of Letters at the University of Coimbra.
Duration: 12 months.
Renewal: Eventually renewable.
Scientific orientation: Dr. Maria Amélia Álvaro de Campos (Faculty of Arts and Humanities of University of Coimbra) and Prof. Ana Isabel Sacramento Sampaio Ribeiro (Faculty of Arts and Humanities of University of Coimbra).
Financial conditions: The amount of the fellowship is € 875,98 corresponding to the monthly compensation stipulated in the FCT table (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores.phtml.en), plus social security (Seguro Social Voluntário, first level contributions) and personal accidents insurance. The payment will be made by bank transfer. This amount will not be increased during the entire period of the fellowship duration.
Selection methods: Curricular Evaluation (80%) Interview (20%) .
In the curriculum evaluation (80%), the following parameters will be considered:
- Qualifications/skills demonstrated in the Curriculum Vitae - 60%
- Proven frequency and classification in curricular units related to the theme - 20%
- Motivation letter - 20%
In the interview (20%), the following parameters will be considered:
- Motivation and availability to develop the working plan of 12 months – 30%;
- Interest in researching on Portuguese Medieval History and in the application of Digital Tools on History research contexts – 35%;
- Working communicational skills – 35%.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Solid knowledge in History of Middle Ages;
- Attendance of the following Curricular Units: Medieval History of Portugal, History of the Middle Ages, History of the City of Coimbra;
- Knowledge of Paleography and Latin;
- Publications and/or other work carried out in the area of History;
- Proficiency in the written and spoken foreign language.
- Knowledge of Digital Technologies.
In the event that the Jury consider that any candidate has the appropriate profile for the execution of the work plan, or if any candidate obtains 50 points (0-100 grading scale) in the evaluation, the Jury reserves the right to close the competition without any recruitment.
Jury responsible for selection: Dr. Maria Amélia Álvaro de Campos (Faculty of Arts and Humanities of University of Coimbra); Prof. Ana Isabel Sacramento Sampaio Ribeiro (Faculty of Arts and Humanities of University of Coimbra); Prof. Saul António Gomes (Faculty of Arts and Humanities of University of Coimbra).
Formalization of application: Applications must be formalized mandatorily by sending the:
(1) motivation letter;
(2) curriculum vitae;
(3) recommendation letters (optional);
(4) certificate(s) of qualifications designating the curricular units and respective classifications;
(5) Copy of proof of enrolment in a Master’s Course or letter of intention of enrolment (Only necessary at the moment of contractualization).
Declaration on the honor of the candidate(s) with the indication of the fellowship(s) of the typology to which the contest was held and the respective duration(s).
Applicants with academic degrees obtained abroad will be required to present a Certificate of Recognition in accordance with applicable law. This document is mandatory only in the contractualization phase.
Applications submission: The applications should be sent via electronic mail, to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of applications: Between 30/03/2022 and 26/04/2022.
Submission deadline date: 26/04/2022.
Additional information: The evaluation results will be announced within 90 working days after the end of the applications submission deadline, by notifying the applicants via email. After the announcement of the results, candidates are considered automatically notified to, if they wish to do so, comment on the results on a preliminary hearing period within 10 days after that date. After this, the selected candidates will have to declare in writing their acceptance. Unless a justification worthy of consideration is presented, if the declaration is not submitted within the referred period, it is considered that the candidate waivers the fellowship. In case of resignation or withdrawal of the selected candidate, the next candidate with the highest evaluation score will be notified immediately. Once the selection process is completed, the fellowship contract will be drawn up in accordance with the draft contract provided by the FCT. After the contracted period, the fellowship holder and supervisor must prepare the final report in accordance with the respective assessment criteria that were established.
Selection reserve list: A reservation list will be created for a period of 6 (six) months.
EURAXESS offer ID: 764404
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.