ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineeringMathematics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/12/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres ;focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) of the University of Luxembourg is a highly dynamic, multilingual and international working environment at campus Belval.
The research groups in Systems Control & Interventional Neuroscience offer several Postdoctoral researchers positions in AI for Medical Data Science.
Areas: AI/Machine Learning in Biomedical Signal Analysis and Medical Image Computing - Collaborative projects between Systems Control and Interventional Neuroscience Group
The Interventional Neuroscience Group and the Systems Control Group offer four Postdoc positions in collaborative projects in biomedical signal analysis and medical image computing. The projects cover medical image analysis and data science for improved deep brain stimulation, signal analysis for prediction models of heart diseases and translational work towards more robust AI models for medical image computing, in particular by domain adaptation and similar techniques in particular being applied to data from neurodegenerative diseases and brain tumours.
What we expect from you…
- PhD in the context of data science (mathematics, engineering, computer science or similar)
- Background in machine learning, ideally including deep learning, and strong interest in interdisciplinary research
- Experience in applying recent machine learning techniques to imaging / computer vision / signal analysis problems
- Experience utilising GPU enabled High-Performance Computing environments is an asset
- Experience with recent deep learning frameworks (e.g. Pytorch, MONAI) and programming languages (Python, Matlab) are considered to be an advantage
- Autonomous self-starter with very strong organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, team-working and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm and great commitment to research
- Excellent command of English language
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who share our passion for research, are interested in acquiring new skills and wish to be part of an international interdisciplinary team.
At our team we follow a leadership concept of promoting independent work, encouraging postdoctoral researchers to contribute with their own ideas and concepts to shape the project, mentor PhD students and be involved in writing funding applications. We expect postdoctoral researchers to actively contribute with their experience to the training of our PhD students.
- Contract Type: Fixed-term contract for 1 year with the possibility of renewal for up to 5 years (contingent on performance and availability of funding)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL04873
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 75.285 (full time)
How to apply...
Applications in English should be submitted online and include:
- A motivation letter that includes research interests
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copy of PhD diploma (if available)
- Please have at least three references email their confidential letters directly to Dr Husch (firstname.lastname@example.org) within two weeks after submitting the application
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
EURAXESS offer ID: 763020
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.