ORGANISATION/COMPANYVienna University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/04/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
40 hours/week | limited for 4 years
TU Wien is Austria's largest institution of research and higher education in the fields of technology and natural sciences. With over 26,000 students and more than 4000 scientists, research, teaching and learning dedicated to the advancement of science and technology have been conducted here for more than 200 years, guided by the motto "Technology for People". As a driver of innovation, TU Wien fosters close collaboration with business and industry and contributes to the prosperity of society.
The novel interdisciplinary Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND doctoral training programme LogiCS@TUWien - Logics for Computer Science Program at TU Wien is offering a further 10 full-time PhD positions.
The program is co-funded by the European Commission and hosted by TU Wien, one of the most successful technical universities in
Europe and the largest one in Austria. The Faculty of Informatics of TU Wien is a leading research and teaching institution which consistently ranks among the top 100 computer science faculties in the global Times Higher Education ranking. In the heart of Europe, Vienna has a distinguished history in mathematics, computer science, and logic research and offers one of the highest living standards in the world.
The programme provides a 4-year long doctoral training for international PhD candidates within an English-language curriculum. The doctoral positions are open to international high-potential early-stage researchers with a strong background in Logical Methods in Computer Science and their applications in areas like Artificial Intelligence, Databases, Verification, Algorithms. Each PhD candidate will be supervised by at least one of the LogiCS@TUWien professors, see http://www.vcla.at/msca/supervisors
We are looking for exceptional candidates to allocate twenty positions as a university assistant (Pre-Doc) for 4 years for 40 hours/week. Expected start: Second half of 2022. Please see http://www.vcla.at/msca/apply for the application requirements.
- Deepening of scientific knowledge and independent research work on the specific PhD topic
- Collaboration on current research projects
- Preparation of scientific publications and a PhD thesis in English
- Presentation of research results at international conferences and other scientific events
- Successful completion of important milestones of the program, see http://www.vcla.at/msca/training
- Participation in events organized by the program LogiCS@TUWien
- Diverse and exciting research projects on cutting edge topics, see http://www.vcla.at/msca/topics
- Continuing personal and professional education and flexible working hours
- High-quality supervision by renowned professors
- Ample possibilities for building an international research network, doing internships, and establishing research collaborations
- Very competitive salary
- Administrative support in study and life questions
- Central location with excellent accessibility (U1/U4 Karlsplatz) in a city regularly ranked first worldwide for life quality
Entry level salary as a predoctoral researcher is covered by level B1 of the Austrian Collective Agreement for university staff, and receives a minimum of currently EUR 3.058,70/month for 40 hours/week (14 times/year).
We look forward to receiving your application until 30.04.2022.
NOTE: Please make sure to state in your motivation letter which research projects are your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice. Please check eligibility criteria such as MSCA mobility rule, early-stage researchers and PhD qualification, see http://www.vcla.at/msca/apply
For more detail please check our website for 2nd Call for Applications: http://www.vcla.at/msca/call
Here you can find also relevant information about the application process.
Furthermore, please note that applicants will not normally be reimbursed for travel costs incurred in connection with this admission process.
- Completion of a Masters and Bachelor degree or equivalent in computer science, computational logic, discrete mathematics or related disciplines, with outstanding academic performance
- Previous research experience in the subjects of the specific project is highly desirable, see for details http://www.vcla.at/msca/topics
- Excellent skills in English communication and writing
- Active readiness for scientific collaboration
- Team competences and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and contribution to the work environment
- Striving for continuous personal development
EURAXESS offer ID: 760660
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.