ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Measurement Science, Slovak Academy of Sciences / Ústav merania SAV, v.v.i.
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Biomedical engineeringEngineering › Electrical engineeringTechnology › Measurement technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Bratislava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2022
REFERENCE NUMBERIMS SAS 2/2022
The Institute of Measurement Science of the Slovak Academy of Sciences in Bratislava offers positions for PhD study in the academic year 2022/2023 in the study program “Measurement Technology” within the study field “Electrical Engineering”. More information on the study program can be found here.
There are 2 open PhD study positions in the Institute. Possible topics of the thesis are shown below. Click on the link to see the topic annotation, specific requirements and contact of the supervisor:
- Measurement of geometrical quantities in 3D objects by application of X-ray microtomography
- Causal analysis of measured multivariate time series
- Development of new magnetometric method for diagnostics of the diseases related to iron metabolism on animal and cell models
- Analysis of stress impacts on the examined person during scanning in an MRI scanner.
- Measurement and analysis of multilead ECG signals in disorders of excitation propagation in the heart
- Development of methods for measuring the transient characteristics of semiconductor devices
- Development of methods based on impedance spectroscopy for cell characterization
- Measuring methods for noninvasive diagnostics of the cardiovascular system
- Computational methods of modeling and evaluation of measurement uncertainties
- Methods for determining measurement uncertainty using virtual experiments and digital twins
ZOOM meeting will be organized on April 22, 2022 from 10:00 CEST for direct consultations with advisers. To join the meeting use following link or login:
Meeting ID: 953 6859 5601, Passcode: 419863
Additional information on the topics with a few videopresentations can be found on Institute web page in Slovak language.
For each topic, one student as maximum can be accepted. The study program is full-time, 3-years, the study language is combined Slovak/English, the student will receive stipendium from the Institute and there is a possibility of accommodation in the facilities of the Slovak Academy of Sciences.
The Institute of Measurement Science of the Slovak Academy of Sciences is an external educational institution of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava (FEI STU). After successful completion of the study, the student will receive PhD degree from the University.
The PhD study at the Institute includes following benefits:
- Unique research facilities,
- Work on national and international research projects,
- Participation at domestic and international conferences, seminars and workshops,
- Flexible working hours,
- Full-time students stipendium from 807,50 € per month netto,
- Cheap accommodation in SAS facilities,
- Meal tickets,
- 6-9 weeks of holidays per year,
- International community of young scientists.
Following criteria will be regarded:
- Education field and results,
- Achieved research results,
- Knowledge of languages.
The application has to be filled and delivered in electronic form (without guaranteed electronic signature) using the academic information system (AIS) of the university (http://is.stuba.sk/prihlaska/?lang=en). The application has to be delivered until the deadline and must contain all required data and enclosures (see Special Requirements).
Admission procedure for the PhD study in the program “Measurement Technology” has following time table:
- Accessibility of the electronic application: 1.4.2022
- Deadline for application submission: 31.5.2022
- Date of the entrance interviews: 21.-22.6.2022
- Meeting of the admission board: 30.6.2022
The main objective of the entrance interview for the doctoral study program is to verify the applicant's aptitude, prerequisites and motivation for independent creative activity in science and technology and the level of his / her expertise in the field of the dissertation thesis.
The entrance intreview includes the verification of the applicant´s language skills in English and Slovak.
The entrance interview will take place in person or electronically (in SKYPE or ZOOM).
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentTechnology: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: GoodSLOVAK: Basic
- MSc. or equivalent degree in relevant subject area
- One to four year experience in research is advantageous.
- Computer skills: MS Office, Email communication, Data presentation, Programming (MatLab as minimum)
Specific skills and qualifications required for individual topics are shown in the annotation of each PhD thesis topic.
The study in the program performed in combined Slovak/English language is free and the admission fee of 20 € should be paid to the Faculty. At least partial knowledge of the Slovak language is needed.
For the full-time study program performed in English language the annual tuition is 3 500 € and the admission fee is 40 €.
The applicants must attach to their applications following annexes:
- curriculum vitae,
- transcript of courses and grades earned during the entire previous university study confirmed by the faculty or university by which the statement was issued,
- notarized copy of the diploma of university degree, a photocopy of the state exam certificate in master degree studies,
- brief concept of dissertation topic solution (cover letter),
- list of publications, copies of certificates of ranking at student scientific conferences or other professional events and competitions;
- document confirming a participation in project or grant solution (e.g. copy of a project contract, publication supported by a project, confirmation of internship in a company beyond the practice required during the study, etc.);
- confirmation (copy) of payment of the fee for material provision of the admission In case of submission of an electronic application and payment by transfer using the correct variable symbol according to the instructions for filling in the electronic application, it is not necessary to attach a confirmation of payment of the fee;
- a candidate with specific needs attaches a request to modify the form and manner of the entrance exam;
- a candidate whose previous education was provided by a recognized tertiary educational institution located outside the Slovak Republic shall submit the decision on recognition of the education certificate for the purpose of continuing the studies issued by a recognized university in the Slovak Republic.(The candidate who does not submit decision on recognition of the education certificate at the time of their verification may be admitted conditionally, subject to the requirement to prove the fulfilment of the basic admission conditions by the day on the enrolment date at the latest).
Detailed information on the study and the admission procedure can be found on the FEI STU web page in section „Doctoral Degree Studies”.
EURAXESS offer ID: 759784
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.