ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat de Barcelona
RESEARCH FIELDEthics in health sciencesMathematicsMedical sciencesOtherTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/04/2022 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/06/2022
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
A Project Manager position to coordinate the operational, administrative and management activities of the H2020 euCanSHare project is offered at University of Barcelona (as part of the Artificial Intelligence in Medicine lab: BCN-AIM). The Project Manager will generally provide the ‘back office’ services required for successful project completion and will support the Project Coordinator in the overall coordination of the project.
Concretely, the Project Manager will:
- Monitor the implementation of the project and the timely reporting and delivery of all project commitments to the EC.
- Inform and advise project partners on financial and administrative rules, while ensuring the conformity with the relevant procedures.
- Support the Project Coordinator in planning, producing, collecting and reviewing the deliverables and outcomes to ensure their timely delivery.
- Provide management tools (e.g. guides, templates, etc.) for the consortium.
- Monitor all contractual obligations (Grant Agreement, Consortium Agreement and other legal reference documents) and draft additional agreements.
- Track all project related costs in collaboration with the UB Research Service (namely Fundació Bosch i Gimpera): distribution and transfer of funding, keeping records on spending and preparing financial reports for project funders and auditors.
- Schedule project meetings; prepare agendas and circulate reference materials for the meetings and writing the minutes.
- Engage in communication tasks related to the euCanSHare project. This includes content generation, as well as the management of online channels.
- Support the BCN-AIM team members in their day-to-day communication, management and scientific activities.
The euCanSHare H2020 project is developing the first centralised, secure and sustainable platform for enhanced cross-border data sharing and multi-study personalised medicine research in cardiology. Initially populated with 35 European and Canadian cohorts (corresponding to over one million records), the platform will include extensive functionalities for data deposition, data harmonisation and data analysis. The features of the platform will be demonstrated and adjusted through several use cases, including for investigating diabetic cardiomyopathy, myocardial infarction and stroke using multi-factorial and multi-omics integrative approaches. The data analysis module of the platform will offer tools for cardiac image segmentation, cardiac quantification, and data quality control, as well as bioinformatics and machine learning capabilities.
The University of Barcelona (UB), founded in 1450, is one of the oldest universities in Spain. It comprises a student body of 84,370 and 4,548 research staff members. With 73 undergraduate programs, 273 graduate programs and 48 doctorate programs, UB is the largest university in Barcelona and Catalonia. The UB is ranked the first Spanish university according to several rankings (QS World University Rankings 2018, ARWU/Shanghai Ranking 2018). It is particularly interested in fostering international relations and, for many years, has managed an average of 150 European projects per year. Since January 2010, Universitat de Barcelona is part of the prestigious League of European Universities Research (LERU). The candidate will join the Artificial Intelligence in Medicine Lab (www.bcn-aim.org), which is an integral part of the University of Barcelona’s Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science. It is a young and dynamic research lab, highly active in international projects, and composed of 18 enthusiastic academics, researchers, students and research managers, with expertise in data science, machine/deep learning, biomedical informatics, biomedical ethics, and health-related applications.
FBG project number
An EU-Canada joint infrastructure for next-generation multi-Study Heart research
Facultat de Matemàtiques i Informàtica
Gross salary per year
€32,000 – €40,000 (depending on experience)
How to apply
Application letter, Curriculum vitae
Send your application to:
euCanSHare Project Manager application
- Sufficient and adequate preliminary knowledge in (H2020) project management.
- Prior experience is desired.
A scientific background/PhD is of advantage.
- First selection based on CV and letter
- Interviews by a panel composed of Karim Lekadir (BCN-AIM’s Director), Isabell Tributsch & Catherine Gallin (BCN-AIM’s Project Managers) and other members from the University of Barcelona.
Priority will be given to people with disabilities.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEthics in health sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Knowledge of English language (written and spoken), knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Strong IT skills, experience with R&D management in European projects.
- Proven ability to prioritise a varied workload and to meet tight deadlines.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proactive, flexible and problem-solving attitude.
- Team player and ability to work independently (leading on project deliverables).
Strong writing skills.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in international, multicultural, and interdisciplinary environments.
- Good team spirit and participation in the scientific life of the lab.
- Experience in organizing online and in-person events.
- Aptitude for collaborating with project consortium members, coming from a variety of backgrounds.
Passion for applications of artificial intelligence in biomedicine and healthcare.
EURAXESS offer ID: 748524
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.